• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Username authentication problem after upgrade

I

ignus

It seems that with 8.1 all usernames are case sensitive in all email related authentication. I've tested POP, IMAP, SMTP AUTH and webmail.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that before.

Anyone have any idea on how to switch that back to case INsensitive?

Thanks

I got plesk 8.0.1 and usernames ARE case sensitive.
Anyways... email addresses should always be lowercase :p

I understand the username part, but not the domain part. Ie, before 8.1 if the domain was put in as JoeBob.com you could log in using joebob.com. It's not a huge deal, just a little annoying..

Thanks

Oh, look closer to Server > Mail > Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts property

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I saw the option in the Server -> Mail area, but that's not the issue I'm talking about.

before a client could log with with any of these as the username:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
etc

Now it HAS to match the case of the domain in the system.
ie, if the domain is JoeBob.com in Plesk, they HAVE to log in as [email protected] or it will not work.

I could understand the usernames being case-sensitive, but domains shouldn't be as joebob.com and JoeBob.com is the same domain name.

Thanks

Not yet

Hi There

Nope, not fixed yet, still waiting

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated

Wayne

Anyone find a fix for this? Took two servers to 8.1 last night and no one can send now.

Update: Sorry, I posted on the wrong thread, for me authentication is failing for smtp after the upgrade, usernames have always been case sensitive as far as I know.

I just upgraded to 8.1.0 and testing this and did not see the problem. They must have fixed it in the hotfix.

Dean

Problem fixed

Hi Guys

Once SW-Soft support team tackled the problem they solved it quite quickly, I'm not sure if they have fixed the issue in a hotfix or not.

I know the next 3 servers I do will be with a bit more research before hand.

Thank you support for the help in fixing the issue

Regards

Wayne

Back