1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Username authentication problem after upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ignus, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ignus

ignus Guest

It seems that with 8.1 all usernames are case sensitive in all email related authentication. I've tested POP, IMAP, SMTP AUTH and webmail.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that before.

Anyone have any idea on how to switch that back to case INsensitive?

Thanks

2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Guest

I got plesk 8.0.1 and usernames ARE case sensitive.
    Anyways... email addresses should always be lowercase :p

3. ignus

ignus Guest

I understand the username part, but not the domain part. Ie, before 8.1 if the domain was put in as JoeBob.com you could log in using joebob.com. It's not a huge deal, just a little annoying..

Thanks

4. nb__

nb__ Guest

Oh, look closer to Server > Mail > Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts property

5. wayne@diamatrix

wayne@diamatrix Guest

No luck yet

Hi NightStorm

Thanks for the reply, yes I had seen it, problem is, it does not give solutions and the issue should not happen at all.

Still waiting for SW-Soft to look at ticket 24hrs later http://forum.swsoft.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
    Unhappy

Thanks

Wayne

6. ignus

ignus Guest

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I saw the option in the Server -> Mail area, but that's not the issue I'm talking about.

before a client could log with with any of these as the username:
    joe@joebob.com
    joe@JoeBob.com
    joe@joeBob.com
    etc

Now it HAS to match the case of the domain in the system.
    ie, if the domain is JoeBob.com in Plesk, they HAVE to log in as joe@JoeBob.com or it will not work.

I could understand the usernames being case-sensitive, but domains shouldn't be as joebob.com and JoeBob.com is the same domain name.

Thanks

7. JDwebsites

JDwebsites Guest

Is this fixed yet?

8. wayne@diamatrix

wayne@diamatrix Guest

Not yet

Hi There

Nope, not fixed yet, still waiting

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated

Wayne

9. Hostasaurus@

Hostasaurus@ Guest

Anyone find a fix for this? Took two servers to 8.1 last night and no one can send now.

Update: Sorry, I posted on the wrong thread, for me authentication is failing for smtp after the upgrade, usernames have always been case sensitive as far as I know.

10. JDwebsites

JDwebsites Guest

I just upgraded to 8.1.0 and testing this and did not see the problem. They must have fixed it in the hotfix.

Dean

11. wayne@diamatrix

wayne@diamatrix Guest

Problem fixed

Hi Guys

Once SW-Soft support team tackled the problem they solved it quite quickly, I'm not sure if they have fixed the issue in a hotfix or not.

I know the next 3 servers I do will be with a bit more research before hand.

Thank you support for the help in fixing the issue

Regards

Wayne