• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using an external, not dedicated, windows DNS server

ClaudioW

New Pleskian
Hi there.

We currently have a some windows DNS servers (not plesk related). We have our own integration to our private panel (inhouse build panel), and from there we create and manage basic records (A, CNAME, MX).
I would like to know if it's posible for plesk to use this DNS server, and manage records at the same time that our panel does.
Also how should i connect the plesk panel to this DNS server?
How will this work?

Thanks but it wil not work for me.
1.- The DNS server it's based on Bind instead of MS DNS.
2.- I need to be able to modify records from 2 panels. On this scenario, once a zone it's created it will replicate changes to slave. But if my propietary panel goes and modify records this wil not get replicated to plesk.

1 Additional question.
- Does plesk DNS allows the creation of DNS zones that will not be managed by pesk (not asociated to any client or subscription?)
As an example. Can my propietary panel go and create a DNS zone and records for a non existant doman on plesk DNS server?

As clarification.
My objective it's that my clients can manage their domains either by plesk or by our propietary panel.

Back