• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Using ipv6 as nameserver (ns2)

Backhi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 #3
Hi, I'm new to plesk and basically all things vps.
I got my domain registered with godaddy and unfortunately it requires two different IPs for nameservers.
What i tried doing (it doesn't work at the moment but not sure if due to propagation):
- Added new ipv6 to my vps (can't add more ipv4)
- Added ipv6 to server IPs in plesk as dedicated
- Within godaddy I've added hostnames ns1 - ipv4 and ns2 - ipv6, then I've changed nameservers to ns1.domain and ns2.domain
- In plesk dns panel I've changed A ns2 record to AAAA and ipv6 address (not sure about this step)

Would really appreciate any help, should i just forget about it and use A record within default nameservers?
Thanks

Back