• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Using standalone phpmyadmin with Plesk

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
Recently i installed the latest Multiple PHP functionality for Plesk and assigned PHP version 5.6 to a subdomain (for example demo.mywebsite.com) and i installed a Wordpress. All works well....

So i thought i would try something out by installing a custom standalone version of phpmyadmin (version 4.4.1.1) and when i load the setup i ran into the following issue on the index.php page:
Code:
Warning in ./libraries/session.inc.php#101
session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/sessions/sess_dubv0rqju6bejfplkgcsl98qsonviukg, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Backtrace
./libraries/session.inc.php#101: session_start()
./libraries/common.inc.php#352: require(./libraries/session.inc.php)
./phpinfo.php#12: require_once(./libraries/common.inc.php)

note 1. Due to privacy i have called domain 'demo.mywesite.com' and subfolder 'root'
note 2. I figure that these warnings relate to the path where i installed the standalone phpmyadmin -- "/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/demo.mywebsite.com/root/"
note 3. Folder of phpmyadmin contains:
"/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/demo.mywebsite.com/root/libraries/session.inc.php"
and
"/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/demo.mywebsite.com/root/libraries/common.inc.php"
note 4. The plesk error_log does not parse any errors.

But if i edit the session.inc.php or common.inc.php and redirect it to an alternative common.inc for example under
"/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.inc.php"
and reload phpmyadmin i would get an error in Plesk error-log

Code:
[Thu Apr 09 11:49:45 2015] [warn] [client *.*.*.*] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require_once(/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.inc.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/demo.mywebsite.com/root/phpinfo.php on line 12
[Thu Apr 09 11:49:45 2015] [warn] [client *.*.*.*] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.inc.php' (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/5.6/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/demo.mywebsite.com/root/phpinfo.php on line 12

Plesk12.0.8
Multiple PHP support enabled verions 5.6, 5.5 and 5.4
MYSQL version 5.5 (provided by MariaDB10)
CentOS6.6

Looking forward in reading your replies.

Last edited:
... well... I suppose so... because the path "sessions" isn't "session" and so the session - file can't be found ( "failed: No such file or directory (2)" ). :)

Let me rephrase my question....
I downloaded the latest version from phpmyadmin.net for Direct access
How can i install and configure phpMyAdmin with Plesk?

After i have set the read and write permissions the phpmysql config folder this is what i see

Tkv7e7o.jpg

I think this issue might not be related to recently related Multiple PHP versions....

The explanation of three tutorials below are different from each other.
http://kb.parallels.com/en/603
https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Quick_Install
http://manage.resellerclub.com/kb/answer/1929

OK i have restarted the server.

By accident i had reloaded the site which contained phpmyadmin page and i was flabbergasted to see the site working.....

o_O

It would be nice if all issues where fixed by themselves.

Resolution:

1. just download the latest build from phpmyadmin.net
2. extract upload through ftp to a folder called <site>/phpmyadmin/<content>
3. load the site
4. bob's your uncle

Back