• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Valid IP with NATed Plesk Server

M

msarmadi

Dear All

I have a plesk server for shared hosting, with one shared IP.
I do have plesk server behind a firewall with one invalid IP. In its IP pool, it shows its own invalid IP.

That invalid IP is translated to a valid one in a firewall device.

My Problem is, when I add a domain, it send an invalid IP address to domain owner as his/her server. Moreover in a domain admin IP Pool, an invalid IP is shown. I don't know how make plesk server use the valid correspondence IP address.

Do parallels plesk have any workaround for this? (plesk server have invalid IP behind the firewall, but use mapped valid IP in presentation)

Looking forward to your kind replies
Regards

My servers also run behind a firewall.
You can assign the external IP to the server as a sub-interface and make it an IP pool, but you will then have to assign both IPs to the sites using the internal IP for the site and the external only for DNS. You cannot use the external IP internally for the site's physical address because Apache will not know to respond to incoming traffic for that domain (since the IP is NAT'd by your firewall).

Thanks for the info
I will give it a try, and give the result here.

--
Mehdi

Yes, I tried that. However, its not a concrete solution and has some problems.

somethings will not be fixed with that. e.g.:

1. Upto Plesk 8.6 for Windows (never tried 9.0) have a bug on that setting you referenced. It will change back the valid IP addresses to its <ip> variable which is invalid. Linux version works like a charm :).

2. Notification emails for new domain will have the invalid IP address of the server

3. in Plesk panel invalid IP addresses are revealed. I have not a good feeling about that.

I guess Plesk is not designed to be used in such situation.

I'm wondering if there are solution to these issues?
Thanks for the replies
Cheers
--
Mehdi Sarmadi

Back