• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Var folders in a domain name and many more

tomaszt

New Pleskian
Hello I recently see that the main folder like var/lib etc are in the domain name like on screenshot I have no idea how to fix it because there is a WP website on it and there wasn't changes made that could be there as an issue.
Like last time I said that since last time I did a backup restore there is some strange issue the password to Admin change when the backup is not protected with the password so it could not change the admin password at all.
So is someone that had issue like me that from nowhere the var folder and lib landed in to the domain name?
the var folder is empty etc so other domains registered have normal folder not like var, lib etc in it so I have no idea where it's from can someone help me out with that?

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
  • normal.png
    normal.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 12
Directories bin, dev, lib, lib64, tmp, usr, var are used for chroot shell because in Web Hosting Access of your domain you have "Access to the server over SSH" option as "/bin/bash (chrooted)"

Directories bin, dev, lib, lib64, tmp, usr, var are used for chroot shell because in Web Hosting Access of your domain you have "Access to the server over SSH" option as "/bin/bash (chrooted)"
You can see on screenshots that is root and tomasz7t the tomasz7t is user of the domain.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.png
    2.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 5
Like Igor said in his post, those direcotorys are probably there because the "/bin/bash (chrooted)" option has been set for "Access to the server over SSH" in the "Web Hosting Access" of your domain.

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-30 om 11.49.34.png

Like Igor said in his post, those direcotorys are probably there because the "/bin/bash (chrooted)" option has been set for "Access to the server over SSH" in the "Web Hosting Access" of your domain.

View attachment 19469
No it is set just to /bin/bash not for /bin/bash (chrooted)

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2021-09-30 120617.png
    Schermafbeelding 2021-09-30 120617.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 3
So the issue is not from the /bin/bash (chrooted) so I have no idea and I'm not sure or should I use this domain or is it safe or not and how resolve that problem maybe some other ideas how to resolve it?

How does having these directories affect your site? I am trying to understand why this is a problem? Maybe the site was migrated from the server where /bin/bash (chrooted) was enabled?

How does having these directories affect your site? I am trying to understand why this is a problem? Maybe the site was migrated from the server where /bin/bash (chrooted) was enabled?
These directories do not affect my site but I'm not sure or is it safe that they are there and or should I try to delete them or like that. Also this domain is not migrated it's added since a year to the Plesk and was always on /bin/bash instead of /bin/bash (chrooted). So it's more is it safe that these folders are there or not if not should I delete them or do something else?

So it's more is it safe that these folders are there or not if not should I delete them or do something else?
As I said, these directories only appear when the chrooted environment is enabled. Perhaps it was once enabled for a short time for some reason. This does not affect the operation and security of your site in any way, and I think that you can leave it as it is.

As I said, these directories only appear when the chrooted environment is enabled. Perhaps it was once enabled for a short time for some reason. This does not affect the operation and security of your site in any way, and I think that you can leave it as it is.
Okay great to hear that thank you

Back