• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue very slow ftp account creation/deletion for some domains

cyberweb

New Pleskian
hello
when i want to create a ftp account or remove ones, it took very very long(about 20 mins...) to refresh the page of plesk and submit button showed please wait for this time to refresh the page.
but at that time during plesk show please wait, if i open that ftp access list on new tab, it shows the account is created and also i can connect by it to the ftp server, but the plesk take long to refresh and shows success message.
also have this issue for deletion of that domain's ftp account
but for some other accounts, it is very fast and ok.
also i had checked directly from iis and user management of windows and create ftp account very fast
also the server's load is normal and its very fast.
also i had checked reboot.
please note that my plesk version is Version 17.8.11 Update #72 and the os is ‪Microsoft Windows Server 2012‬

Hello,
can you confirm that speed of FTP account creation related to a number of files in subscription?
I mean, if subscription has a lot of files inside, then adding FTP user may be slow.
Can you please check this?

For example, if FTP account on domain "test.com" is created slow, please launch the following powershell script:
Code:
Get-ChildItem c:\inetpub\vhosts\test.com -Recurse | Measure-Object

hello
when i want to create a ftp account or remove ones, it took very very long(about 20 mins...) to refresh the page of plesk and submit button showed please wait for this time to refresh the page.
but at that time during plesk show please wait, if i open that ftp access list on new tab, it shows the account is created and also i can connect by it to the ftp server, but the plesk take long to refresh and shows success message.
also i had checked directly from iis and user management of windows and create ftp account very fast
also the server's load is normal and its very fast xender discord omegle.
please note that my plesk version is Version 17.8.11 Update #72 and the os is ‪Microsoft Windows Server 2012‬
can you confirm that speed of FTP account creation related to a number of files in subscription?

hello
also the server's load is normal and its very fast.
please note that my plesk version is Version 17.8.11 Update #72 and the OS is ‪Microsoft Windows Server myprepaidcenter 2012‬

I think I am also facing this issue.

Did you get any proper solution?

Last edited:
yes, that was it.

Hello,
I mean, if subscription has a lot of files inside, then adding FTP user may be slow.
Can you please check this?

For example, if FTP account on domain "test.com" is created slow, please launch the following powershell script:
Code:
Get-ChildItem c:\inetpub\vhosts\test.com -Recurse | Measure-Object
very nice and useful. thanks

I think I am also facing this issue.

Did you get any proper solution?

the problem was from the number of my user's files(inodes) in a folder under its vhost so when i decreased them and removed temporary files from my user's webhost, it solved the issue.

Back