• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

VI an encrypted .sh and saved by mistake

Inspiring

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have added an IP to my Suse system with a wrong subnet , after wards when I delete it my system stoped responding.

I then ran /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage.sh but it gives out some error messages. Since my brain was in "Panic mode", I vi this .sh file and pressed :wq to save it!

Now I can no longer run this ipmanage.sh - it gives me "The file ipmanage.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

Does any one know what can I do to repair this file?

Thanks,
INS

The best thing to do, is installing a new server with Plesk (can be a virtual server, or whatevery you have).

After installation of Linux/Unix, use scp to copy the file to your production server and you should be going again.

For you to use scp, you need your networking up-and-running. Check the systems configuration.

What distribution are you using?
Debian, SLES, RH, or ???

You need to know that the file: ipmanage.sh is a link to: /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php

I do not have any SuSE Plesk server running, i have Debian, Ubuntu and FreeBSD.

The following comes without any garantee. I have GZipped the file, and put it on my FTP server.
ftp://ftp.hpux.dk/unix/psa/psa821_debian_ipmanage.php.gz

Otherwise, take a new server (any hardware) and do a complete new install. It will take some time..

They are of the same content except for the first line:

Yours says

#!/opt/psa/admin/bin/php

And mine is

#!/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php

I will keep your file and when I am really desperate I will overwrite mine with your file :D

Thanks again

ALWAYS BACKUP, your own file if you need to do a "role-back".

Check your directory links:

Code:
# ls -la /usr/local/psa
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Oct 21 23:44 /usr/local/psa -> /opt/psa

Back