• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

VI an encrypted .sh and saved by mistake

Inspiring

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have added an IP to my Suse system with a wrong subnet , after wards when I delete it my system stoped responding.

I then ran /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage.sh but it gives out some error messages. Since my brain was in "Panic mode", I vi this .sh file and pressed :wq to save it!

Now I can no longer run this ipmanage.sh - it gives me "The file ipmanage.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

Does any one know what can I do to repair this file?

Thanks,
INS

The best thing to do, is installing a new server with Plesk (can be a virtual server, or whatevery you have).

After installation of Linux/Unix, use scp to copy the file to your production server and you should be going again.

For you to use scp, you need your networking up-and-running. Check the systems configuration.

What distribution are you using?
Debian, SLES, RH, or ???

You need to know that the file: ipmanage.sh is a link to: /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/ipmanage.php

I do not have any SuSE Plesk server running, i have Debian, Ubuntu and FreeBSD.

The following comes without any garantee. I have GZipped the file, and put it on my FTP server.
ftp://ftp.hpux.dk/unix/psa/psa821_debian_ipmanage.php.gz

Otherwise, take a new server (any hardware) and do a complete new install. It will take some time..

They are of the same content except for the first line:

Yours says

#!/opt/psa/admin/bin/php

And mine is

#!/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php

I will keep your file and when I am really desperate I will overwrite mine with your file :D

Thanks again

ALWAYS BACKUP, your own file if you need to do a "role-back".

Check your directory links:

Code:
# ls -la /usr/local/psa
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Oct 21 23:44 /usr/local/psa -> /opt/psa

Back