1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

VMWare guest unable to browse internet, could it be firewall?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by Nikos Mavra, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Nikos Mavra

Nikos Mavra Guest

Hello,
    I seem to have an issue with my VMWare guests. I run VMWare player on a host which has Plesk 9.5 installed.
    I use bridged networking because the guest has a collaboration software that we need to be able to access from the internet. The problem is that I seem to have some kind of firewall problem, because although both the host and the guest are able to ping each other, the guest can not access the internet.

Plesk is managing windows firewall 2008 (on Windows 2008 Web edition) so if you can tell me what rules I need to create in order to make my guest "see" the internet I would be grateful.
    Thanks!