• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Want to blacklist spam from a specific user name but have wildcards in the domain. Possible?

David Borrink

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55 Update #2, last updated on Sept 28, 2023 03:36 AM
I am getting dozen of emails every day to my and my wife's email from the same source. They all have "Alex" as the name of the sender, but the email address changes constantly, though the domain always ends in .ru. I'd like to know if it's possible to set up a email block rule that would be something like this: all emails with a sender of "Alex" and any wildcard domain that ends with ".ru".

Hello David,

I can think a fast and effective method if you’re using round cube, (it’s not needed to use the webmail, just add the filter once). Open Round cube > use your login details, > Settings > Filters > add new, and there you can customize depending your needs.

Other way, I’m thinking is via spam filter.

But there you’re limited with wildcard which can cause you blocking emails that you might need to receive. Also, Round cube, can set to match all your rules.

I can think a fast and effective method if you’re using round cube, (it’s not needed to use the webmail, just add the filter once). Open Round cube > use your login details, > Settings > Filters > add new, and there you can customize depending your needs.
That's actually a good and (some what) easy solution. Thanks for sharing.

Okay, that seems to work. I "trapped" six of 'em last night using that method. Nice. Thanks for the tip!

And I caught 11 more today. It's doing exactly what I ask. All the "Alex" emails are nailed in my "deleted items" folder on Roundcube. I can collect and discard once in a while. At least it keeps them out of my main mail app on my desktop.

Back