• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Want to install Joomla. Wrong version of PHP. Can't allow SSH... Getting cross.....

FionaW

New Pleskian
Hello All.

I'm new to Plesk - I've inherited a web site for a local social club so have just been handed login and password. I believe I have version 11.0.9 and as I can see mention of an Apache webserver I'm guessing its linux.

So - I want to redesign and use Joomla so I can share the content updating with others.

I can't install Joomla as I have PHP 5.1 and need 5.3. I have no 'server' or any sort of option I can find (and I've looked everywhere!) to find a command line or somewhere I can run things.

When I try to allow SSH access the option says Forbidden and there is no option to change it.

I have 'owner' rights - so don't think that is the issue.

If anyone has any ideas that might stop me throwing things around and resigning.... I'd really appreciate that!

Thanks,

Fee

Last edited:
Also - I can't see any sort of 'about' to give me a clue as to what I'm actually using here. How would I know if this is plesk panel or a container?

thanks,

Back