• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Watchdog does not monitor "PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager)"

King555

Regular Pleskian
While this worked in Plesk 17.5, Watchdog now does not monitor "PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager)" on my server anymore (but it was a complete reinstall).

If I activate it, I get several mails saying that the service could not be started and then that Watchdog does not monitor it anymore.

The strange thing is that PHP-FPM is actually running (5.6, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4). I know that because PHP-FPM is the only enabled PHP handler for every version and the corresponding websites are working without problems. So why is the service not running according to Watchdog?

Thanks. Really a pity that Watchdog is not able to monitor the FPM modules which it installs by itself...

I just voted for the feature request and I will see whether I am able to do the workaround.

Now I realize why Watchdog never restarted the FPM module on my last server (with Plesk 17.5) when it wasn't responding a lot of times! The module was monitored, but only the version 5.6 by OS vendor and not the always crashing 7.1.

EDIT: I just did the workaround and it seems to work! I was a little bit confused first, because one of the enabled PHP handlers didn't show up after executing the SQL query. The reason was that it wasn't assigned to any web hosting. So if you have 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3, but only 7.1 and 7.3 are actually used, you will not see 7.2 as a result (which seems right).

Last edited:
Back