• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue watchdog emails

Seba

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

recently I realized that our dev server doesn't send anymore the weekly report of watchdog, neither if I run the task manually.

I don't remember but I think that it stops when I changed the hostname from the default one to a new hosted website. I follow this guide to change the hostname, I have done it through Plesk as was easy to do on 7 servers instead of connecting to all of them in SSH.

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213941265-How-to-change-or-get-a-serevr-hostname-on-Plesk-server

That is the only server that is actually doesn't work, the others are working properly.

I remember that I had to modify the config file of postfix on all the new servers that I reimaged because the variable myhostname was missed and after that, it start to work properly on all servers.

/etc/postfix/main.cf

I add "myhostname = mydomain.co.uk"

up, someone know why it doesn't send email? it seems to running properly as the log file is up to date but doesn't send the email.
the task also seems to be OK, are all setup properly

here the log that should match the task

here the second part of the long line

though if I tried to send an email through command line it works

Code:
echo "My message" | mail -s subject [email protected]

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    144.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG