• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Watchdog - The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com is down.

psingh

Basic Pleskian
Dear All,

I am facing a strange problem ( Plesk 9.5 )

My web server " httpd " sleeps for 5 minutes and starts working back... randomly.. couple of times a day...
It used to be once a week or twice.. earlier.. which was not a big issue.. but it's happening time and again .. multiple times a day...

Note: only httpd is having problem.. rest is working fine ... i.e. FTP, ssh, remote mysql is working smooth in this period..

While that happens : i get an email notification from Watch dog with following content :

" The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com is down. - [date & time]"

and then 5 mins later another stating

" The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com has been started on [date & time] "

Please share your experience and solution..

Thank you,
PSM

I've experienced that as well

No particular pattern to it. Mostly occurs during the night. Hasn't happened for a while though.

I experienced similar problems.

In my case his is due to a combination of few resources assigned to my container in combination with backup processes run by my provider.

I am in the middle of changing to a different provider as my current provider claims it is normal servers collapse as a result of backup processes. What they don't tell is that this is normal in container with too small resources assigned to it.

Check your container's assigned CPU units and RAM.

I too seem to fall in the same issue. At first I thought it was just at 12am when I ran my backups - I disabled the check mark to "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" thinking that would be the end of it, but then I just received another notification at 12:12PM stating that it was down.

Has anyone been able to get this solved?

I absolutely hate watchdog. its annoying, and its usually wrong.
I switched to using PSMON and its much easier to work with and a little smarter too. its also more lightwieght and doesnt have any GUI or tie into Plesk - it just runs and works in the background.

Back