• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Watchdog - The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com is down.

psingh

Basic Pleskian
Dear All,

I am facing a strange problem ( Plesk 9.5 )

My web server " httpd " sleeps for 5 minutes and starts working back... randomly.. couple of times a day...
It used to be once a week or twice.. earlier.. which was not a big issue.. but it's happening time and again .. multiple times a day...

Note: only httpd is having problem.. rest is working fine ... i.e. FTP, ssh, remote mysql is working smooth in this period..

While that happens : i get an email notification from Watch dog with following content :

" The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com is down. - [date & time]"

and then 5 mins later another stating

" The Plesk Web Server service on host xx.xxxxx.com has been started on [date & time] "

Please share your experience and solution..

Thank you,
PSM

I've experienced that as well

No particular pattern to it. Mostly occurs during the night. Hasn't happened for a while though.

I experienced similar problems.

In my case his is due to a combination of few resources assigned to my container in combination with backup processes run by my provider.

I am in the middle of changing to a different provider as my current provider claims it is normal servers collapse as a result of backup processes. What they don't tell is that this is normal in container with too small resources assigned to it.

Check your container's assigned CPU units and RAM.

I too seem to fall in the same issue. At first I thought it was just at 12am when I ran my backups - I disabled the check mark to "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" thinking that would be the end of it, but then I just received another notification at 12:12PM stating that it was down.

Has anyone been able to get this solved?

I absolutely hate watchdog. its annoying, and its usually wrong.
I switched to using PSMON and its much easier to work with and a little smarter too. its also more lightwieght and doesnt have any GUI or tie into Plesk - it just runs and works in the background.

Back