• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WCF Service In Password Protected Folder

M

MichaelFr

Plesk PRODUCT, VERSION 10.4.4, OPERATING SYSTEM Windows 2008 64bit x86, ARCHITECTURE Plesk Panel.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am trying to set up a WCF service in a password protected folder. I have the same WCF service in another unprotected folder and it works fine. However, I cannot connect to the service if it resides in a password protected directory. I have set my bindings to use basicHttpBinding and I am not using any security on the binding. When I try to add a service reference to my client it prompts me for a username and password. When I supply the credentials, it always gives me the same error: "The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'". After this happens the entire site is locked out, for an hour or so, for my IP address. I am connecting using HTTP protocol.

I can connect to it through a browser with no issues. Below I have posted the binding settings for my web.config for the service. However, it does not seem to matter what my settings are. One more side note, that if I remove the password protection and disable Anonymous access it works when I enter my credentials using Windows authentication.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

<binding name="ProdBasicHttpBinding" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00">
<security mode="None" >
<message clientCredentialType="UserName"/>
<transport clientCredentialType="None" />
</security>
</binding>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back