• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Web Deploy with Visual Studio 2010

T

TennChris

An ISP that I do business with has reported back that they don't/can't support the Visual Studio 2010 Web Deploy feature on their Windows shared hosting machines because of Plesk. They are using Plesk Control Panel 9.5.

I would like to be able on a shared hosting machine be able to use "Web Deploy" in Visual Studio 2010. From the emails I've received, it seems that Plesk doesn't make this very easy for the ISPs. This seems to be a limitation of Plesk Control Panel. Is my understanding correct? Will the next version of Plesk Control Panel solve this?

Here are a couple clips from emails they have sent me.

"The reason is, on virtual managed we can handle the server side configuration manually - on shared hosting it would require automation/integration with the plesk control panel."

"We do not currently support the "Web Deploy" feature in IIS7. Supporting this requires that the web deployment extension be installed on IIS and would require managing permissions outside of the Plesk control panel that we use to administer sites on the server. At this time, it does not not appear that the Plesk control panel supports using the web deploy feature and therefore it is not supported by our shared hosting services."

Thanks much for addressing this.
Chris

Back