• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Web Server's Default Page shown instead of website when accessing via domain

kongo09

New Pleskian
I have setup several domains. The website of one domain doesn't show up. Instead, only the plesk default page is shown.

This problem seems to come up often. I have read many posts in the forum about this and tried many things already, none of which worked:
  • plesk repair fs
  • plesk repair web
  • Hosting-Type: Website
  • Website-Status: Active
  • all Apache and nginx settings on default
  • SSL/TLS disabled
  • checked IP for VirtualHost in /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/forwarding/example.com_httpd.conf
I have no idea what else to try. On a side note, when I set the Hosting Type to Forwarding, that also has no effect. I still see the plesk default page.

Last edited:
hello @kongo09 ,
what will happen if you try open this domain from the same server?
I mean execute at the Plesk server where this domain hosted something like curl Example Domain ?

Is the correct IP address displayed at the domain main info page ?
Is domain correctly resolves from the machine where you are doing your checks ?

Also please check that you do not have enabled custom panel URL at Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL.

correct IP address
Yes, that's correct.
Customize Plesk URL
No, this is not customized
open this domain from the same server
I didn't try this before and did it just now, 8 hours after my initial struggle. It does indeed work! So I called the website once more and bam, now it works as expected. Not sure what changed during the last eight hours but problem is solved.

Back