• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Web Site Index/menu

iamchuckles

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Win10, latest update
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.42
Hi
Where can I view the code that controls my index/menu on my website?
Thanks

It depends on what kind of website you have. In general, you can view the code using the Plesk Filemanager:

It depends on what kind of website you have. In general, you can view the code using the Plesk Filemanager:

Yes but where specifically in File Manager? There is no file in File Manager called index or menu or anything vaguely like it.. Further I would think any site with a menu will have similar files. Where in File Manager does one look for such files.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

The website is located in the httpdocs directory.

But unless you have a simple HTML website, you won't find files that contain the menu or any other contents of your website. Modern websites don't work like that anymore. The content is usually in a database that is connected to the website.

So where would this database be located? Since I built the website using Wordpress with Elementor I assume the database must be either on my computer or my host's server. I'm betting the host's server. Either way I should be able to view the files or I would be able to if I knew where to look and what to look for..

Back