• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webalizer doesn't work after updating to 8.0.1

jhuedder

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I was running 8.0.0 on SuSE 10.0 and did the 8.0.1 update. Everything worked fine except the usage statistics with Webalizer. Statistics aren't calculated any more.

When I run "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-all" manually I get the error "statistics: unable to get database status for xyz-form: You have an error in your SQL syntax: check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-forum' at line 1".

I'm running MySQL 4.1.13.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jörg (info(at)hueddersen.de)

i had the same problem after updating to 8.0.1

The error message only occured by Domains with MySQL DB's with a name containing a "-" in the DB-Name

somthing like this:
Code:
statistics: Unable to get database status for "joomla-940510481": 
You have an error in your SQL syntax; 
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-940510481' at line 1

After renaming the DB's to a name without "-" in it, it seems to work for now...

But when you have 100's of Customers... tell me, how can i explain all the customers not to use the "-" ??? :confused: :confused:

skellenb you're right: I can't tell all my customers not use use '-' in future and I also can't ask all of them to change their database-names now. Imagine the amount of work to change all shops, forums, etc.

I think that all Plesk's users should be request AWSTATS and nevermore the terrible and deprecated webalizer.

My cent for AWSTATS, it's really good!

Same problem here. Did anyone receive a fix from plesk for this?

In case you didn't know: If you want to run webalizer for non-problematic domains, simply use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=<domainname>

Gijsbert

That is not good enough, we need our stats, thousands of customers are calling us reporting that thier webstats are no longer working, what do I tell them, that it will be fixed sometime in the future??? This is not acceptable, we need the fix NOW!

Contacting PLESK support on this issue now.. I will re-post when a solution or work around is found.

I was promissed AWSTATS in the 8.01 update months ago and it seems it never appeared!

Originally posted by Traged1
Contacting PLESK support on this issue now.. I will re-post when a solution or work around is found.

Curious what PLESK support told you. I don't understand why they don't release a fix. It doesn't have to be a new release of plesk. I believe a simple bash/perl-script to correct this error will do.

Support has provided me with a new/patched statistics binary file. I am sure that if you also contact support they will provide this file to you, and as soon as many of us ask for the file it will be made available on the ftp pub.

Back