• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail goes to plesk default page

R

rimonline

Hi all,

I'm bringing up a new 2k3 plesk 7 server and am having a problem with webmail not coming up(webmail.domain.com).

Webmail is configured for the domain but I don't know why it goes to the default plesk page instead. Anybody got any ideas on how I can debug this?

Thanks

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media Inc.

*****Resolved*****

Ok, well incase someone else is interested I finally figured out what was going on. The reason this was happening was because somehow there wasn't a host header reference for the "webmail.<thisdomain>.com" under the webmail virtual server site in IIS6.

Not sure why this was the only domain that wasn't listed in the host header area, heh heh...but oh well it's fixed.

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media, Inc.

Hi,

I have the same very problem. works for some sites, don't work for others and get default instead. Could you please tell me exactly how to fix it in II6 ? where is the host header area mentioned? thank you

What´s the link to horde?

just horde main dir ?

D:\plesk\home\vhosts\webmail\horde

I get this error
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

thanks

By default it is:

c:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde

Does your log in event viewer say anything?

Scott

Nothing... just error in tomcat... cannot run tomcat.

I´ll try to install plesk trial in VMWARE in my pc and check all the settings...

Thank u very much...

Is there a checklist to run webmail?

I can´t even run php on the horde mail dir...

problem with php, dir permissions? help...

thanks...

Is this a production server you are working on, where the DNS is setup and everything? Because I didn't think that you could really test webmail functionality until that point.

If you think it's a permissions problem then I'd run the "Plesk Reconfigurator" which solves a lot of those kinds of permissions issues. To run it, go to: Start --> All Programs --> SWsoft Plesk --> Plesk Reconfigurator (On Win2k3 Server)

It looks to me like you are having all kinds of different problems with your install, which seems abnormal to me and usually what I personally do in those situations is to start from scratch and reinstall.

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media Inc.

I got on to the thread by searching for the issue and since the resolution was different for me, I thought I add my two cents in case somebody else gets in to the same problem and gets to this page.

All of my domains were showing Plesk default page when accessing webmail.domain-name.com. The cause of my issue was becuase I was initially on a virtual dedicated server that's where I made the backup of all my domains and then restored them on a dedicated server. I didn't see the following option in my virutal dedicated but it was required in the dedicated sever. If you happen to be in the same situation just edit the domain and click on Mail under Tools. Now click on properties or preferences that you see. Now at the bottom of the page you will see Default web mail program, mine was set to None. All I had to do was select Horde from the drop down and save. I had to do this for all the domains that I migrated and after that web mail started working fine.

Aamir Iqbal.

The fastest way to fix this (which has been broken during two separate Plesk "upgrades") is to go to the domains tab in Plesk, select all, group operations, then 'disable' webmail for all domains, save. Go back in (select all domains, group operations) and 'enable' webmail, picking the preferred webmail app at that time.

This will correct the host headers and other assignments without having to know what OTHER stuff Plesk broke during the most recent upgrade.

This works.... Thank You Shall!

The fastest way to fix this (which has been broken during two separate Plesk "upgrades") is to go to the domains tab in Plesk, select all, group operations, then 'disable' webmail for all domains, save. Go back in (select all domains, group operations) and 'enable' webmail, picking the preferred webmail app at that time.

This will correct the host headers and other assignments without having to know what OTHER stuff Plesk broke during the most recent upgrade.

Thank you so much Shall, this worked perfectly!! You have just made my millenium!! :)

I am still having problems with mine. Can anyone please kindly help me out?

Back