• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail In arabic or hebrew!

Unfortunately /usr/lib/php does not exist:

# ls /usr/lib/php
ls: /usr/lib/php: No such file or directory

The solution posted by mac0310 solved the problem I had, but I want to know why and by commenting out this line what am I now missing? Does anyone know why having this line causes webmail to disply arabic and not allow log in?

What benefit does IonCube give me that I have now lost?

As good as workarounds are I would prefer a proper explaination and a solution.

Originally posted by mac0310
Perhaps I’m just a stickler for detail but when someone tells me to “comment out the ioncube line in /etc/php.ini†I assume that an actual line in the php.ini file exists containing ‘ioncube’. What I found, and this may just be me missing the point, is that my php.ini file does not contain any reference to ‘ioncube’ but instead it has a comment entry that caught my attention as follows –

;Note: packaged extension modules are now loaded via the .ini files found in the
;directory /etc/php.d; these are loaded by default.

I went to the ‘/etc/php.d’ directory and found a file called ‘ioncube.ini’ and in it I found the line I expected to find in the php.ini file –
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so
I commented this line (;) and restarted Apache (#service httpd restart). Everything is now working as I expect it to. Perhaps I shouldn’t admit to this but it took me the better part of a day to figure this out for myself. Sometimes stopping to ask for directions isn’t always the best idea. I hope this information helps other people from wasting as much time as I did and also serves as a subtle hint to people to take the time and provide a little more detail. I’m sure you are trying to help but making off-handed comments like “install Zend†can cause more harm than good. These forums can be a fantastic tool. Thank you to all the people who take the time to contribute.

PHP upgrade, broken Horde

I had the same experience about a month ago, also solved by commenting-out ioncube. I also wondered why...

...after a few hours of research I found that ioncube is an optimizer and security patch for PHP array constructs.

The PHP upgrade makes ioncube incompatable and breaks scripts using arrays. It broke more than just Horde.

Anyhow, one thread in here suggested upgrading ioncube --- that didn't work either. I also had trouble installing Zend Optimizer, which also broke Arrays after running for an hour. Go figure?

I've had ioncube commented-out for over a month now, with no troubles.

If you search this forum for "ioncube" you'll find allot of good info about this issue.

Back