• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail In arabic or hebrew!

T

tpujals

All my clients webmail changed languages!

Anybody else experience this?

I'm runing 7.5.1

HELP!

i ran up2date last night, I think one of the new php updates is causing the problem. rebooting to see if it fixes itself.

I thought it was a new sanity like worm..

Also noticed gallery stopped working.

ACK!

Ok i figured out what it was. The New php 4 .3.10 requires Zend to be updated to 2.5.7

I was updating the new PHP with up2date. It breaks webmail and turns it to arabic.

I will submit this to plesk support.

I was able to roll back to an older php package and everything works again. It also broke the admin screens of one of my CMS systems as well as gallery!

I just did up2date and have the same problem. What can I do to fix this? How do I undo what was done? I thought I set my config file up properly. I even asked plesk and they did not reply saying it was wrong, they just replied saying they do not support up2date because it is not their software.

I have my config file to skip the following:
kernel*;*psa*;*spam*;*perl-Mail-Spam*;imap*;xerces-j*;.

how can I get this fixed ASAP. My clients have already started calling.

Failed attempts...

I have tried installing Zend Optimizer which did nothing other than kill Apache, each time I started Apache it would come up for a few seconds and then fail. Removing Zend Optimizer fortunately returned things to normal but I am back to the Arabic bullshit. I have tried all the hints on the forum and I just seem to be digging myself a bigger hole. Any ideas for someone using FC2 with Plesk 7.5.2. Usually it's the Plesk update that breaks things but I think it has more to do with a YUM update that installed php 4.3.10. Any thoughts anyone?

What error did Apache die with? Apache dies for a reason... It should not die using Zend in PHP as Zend is an important part of PHP itself.

So, if you're not using Zend, that's why your'e back to "arabic" in the webmail.

Check the apache logs there should be some indication why Apache/Zend fails. And maybe you could post your php.ini where the Zend Optimizer is initialized.

Whistler reply...

It seems that I will need to install Zend to fix my problems but since I have been down this road before and not succeeded I think I should make sure that I do it right. Is the following procedure acceptable? My system is a single CPU (P4) with FC2, Plesk 7.5.2 and a complete YUM update as of yesterday.
1 - Zend Software Download
I got the Zend package from Zend Optimizer
2 - Zend Install Script
I put the package in my '/tmp' directory and unpackaged it 'tar xzvf package'. I accepted all the default values when I run the './install.sh' script.
3 - Errors
The first error I get is at the end of the Zend script where it asks if it should restart Apache and is unable to restart it and prompts a message saying to start Apache manually. If I try to start Apache manually it fails and here is the entry in the log - PHP Fatal error: [ionCube Loader] The Loader must appear in the php.ini file before other extensions in Unknown on line 0
4 - Concerns
I am concerned that Apache will not restart at this point and with the messages at the end of the Zend install script where is states that the 'php.ini' file has been moved to a new location (/usr/local/Zend/etc) and a sym link has been placed in the old '/etc' location.

Here is the Zend portion of the php.ini -
[Zend]
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.5.7
zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2.5.7
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Guys all you have to do is comment out the ioncube line in /etc/php.ini (on fedora and hopefully others)

It's a problem with ioncube and zend, but really not a zend problem! :)

Perhaps I’m just a stickler for detail but when someone tells me to “comment out the ioncube line in /etc/php.ini†I assume that an actual line in the php.ini file exists containing ‘ioncube’. What I found, and this may just be me missing the point, is that my php.ini file does not contain any reference to ‘ioncube’ but instead it has a comment entry that caught my attention as follows –

;Note: packaged extension modules are now loaded via the .ini files found in the
;directory /etc/php.d; these are loaded by default.

I went to the ‘/etc/php.d’ directory and found a file called ‘ioncube.ini’ and in it I found the line I expected to find in the php.ini file –
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so
I commented this line (;) and restarted Apache (#service httpd restart). Everything is now working as I expect it to. Perhaps I shouldn’t admit to this but it took me the better part of a day to figure this out for myself. Sometimes stopping to ask for directions isn’t always the best idea. I hope this information helps other people from wasting as much time as I did and also serves as a subtle hint to people to take the time and provide a little more detail. I’m sure you are trying to help but making off-handed comments like “install Zend†can cause more harm than good. These forums can be a fantastic tool. Thank you to all the people who take the time to contribute.

I am not finding the answer to webmail not functioning any long upon upgrading from 7.5.1 -> 7.5.2. I have tried commenting out the Ioncube line in php.ini and have no luck.

I have checked the httpd error_log and am seeing:

PHP Notice: (null)(): Connection failed to localhost.com,143: No route to host (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://webmail.mydomain.com/horde/imp/login.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwebmail.mydomain.com%2Fhorde%2Flogin.php&imapuser=&new_lang=

I am really at a loss. I've searched around for a horde misconfiguration or some sign of localhost.com somewhere as it of course should be just localhost there. Perhaps it is another problem, but I'm at a loss as it was working prior to the upgrade.

I am going on the assumption that your webmail was working before the upgrade.

If so are you able to access your webmail directly instead of going through the Control Panel (the error message you posted indicates that you accessed your webmail from inside the Control Panel)? By this I mean using a URL like -
http://webmail.yourdomainname.com

I would also suggest checking that you have localhost in your /etc/hosts file. The contents of the /etc/hosts file should look something like this -
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

These are simple things but I have found some of the basics are frequently over-looked.

You didn't mention if you were able to access your webmail directly -
http://webmail.yourdomain.com

The locahost.com warrants investigation.

Check your routing and any port forwarding, specifically for port 143.

Sorry, thought I'd made that clear, no it does not work that way, i.e. webmail.mydomain.com. Yeah, I'm not sure where that localhost.com is coming from. I don't have any portforwarding on the machine nor have I done anything with the routing... Unless the 7.5.2 update did something odd in that way.

Other than restarting services (httpd etc) and checking the PHP 'ini' and 'conf' files I am at a loss, sorry.

There are ioncube files that php seems to load automatically in this folder:

/usr/lib/php4/

After removing the ioncube files, apache reloaded without issues.

Do this at your own risk. Any time you delete anything, I hope you have a full backup and know what you are doing.

Hmm, don't see anything in there:

# ls /usr/lib/php4/
imap.so ldap.so mbstring.so mysql.so odbc.so pgsql.so

Back