• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail / Nameservers

No, it was preinstalled when Plesk was installed. I was under the impression that it came packaged with Plesk tbh. You may be able to get your provider to install it, or give you access to the updater so you can install it.

Originally posted by PlymWS
Your DNS entries look correct now. I would suggest once you have your domain name servers setup at your registrar you goto www.dnsreport.com and do an online DNS check too, just to make sure everything is OK.

Bear in mind though that you will get an error from dnsreport.com because both your nameservers will be located on the same server, something which is not recommended but works fine.
Hi Plym... I checked the dnsreport, it comes up sort of ok... Would you mind having a look if I PM'ed you?

The only thing I can see is that you don't have a postmaster@ email address which I wouldn't worry about. As for the other matter you mentioned in your PM, again I wouldn't worry.

Hi Plym,

Can the nameservers look like this
<domain>. NS ns1.<domain>.
<domain>. NS ns2.<domain>.
Or do I have to put in the actual domain in the value... This was just something I was looking at and was curious about :)

Hey Plym!

I have seperate IP's now, do you know how I set the NS up so they can have seperate IP's in Plesk?

No, in the main template you just put <domain> and when you create / add a new doamin everything gets added automatically.

I have no experience with seperate ip's as I haven't used them with Plesk before. I have one IP and seperate nameservers. Sorry.

tomyknoker,

I have been following your thread for the last few days as I have been stuck on the same problem with Media Temple myself.

Try looking at the following tutorial - it is definately the most thorough one I have found so far and it seems it has solved my problems.

http://www.tyreeonline.com/server_tutorials/dns_host_rp/

I'll post again if I encounter any more issues.

Originally posted by galbus
tomyknoker,

I have been following your thread for the last few days as I have been stuck on the same problem with Media Temple myself.

Try looking at the following tutorial - it is definately the most thorough one I have found so far and it seems it has solved my problems.

http://www.tyreeonline.com/server_tutorials/dns_host_rp/

I'll post again if I encounter any more issues.
Hi Galbus!
Good to hear from you my friend! I've PM'ed you my email thought we could help each other out with the (mt) issues!
Cheers,
Tom

Back