• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved webmail problem - roundcube Connection to storage server failed

tasos

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am having a problem connecting to webmail. When I try to login to roundcube I get a message " Connection to storage server failed " and I found the following error from the logs:

IMAP Error: Login failed for [email protected] from 62.169.195.32(X-Real-IP: 62.169.195.32). Could no t connect to localhost:143: Connection refused in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 197 (POST /roundcube/?_ta sk=login?_task=login&_action=login)

Also tried to login from horde but didn't have any luck either.
Its a new VPS server with CentOs 7.2 and Plesk 12.5.30 with postfix and dovecot. This was my first attempt to create an email in this server. If anyone could give me a hint on how to troubleshoot this it would be very helpful.

Thank you

The possible issue is that Dovecot is not started on your server, try to create new config file in /etc/dovecot/conf.d (this path is on Debian system, i'm not sure about CentOS) name it for example: 5-ip4-listen.conf and add there:

# Listen on IPv4 only
listen = *

save it and Dovecot should start now.

Thank you for your reply,

I tried what you proposed but unfortunately it didn't work. Any other ideas? The error in the log file remains the same.

Can you show me the output of below commands.

# grep mydestination /etc/postfix/main.cf |grep -v "#"

# cat /etc/hosts

Yes, the first command output: mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain

And the second:

### Hetzner Online GmbH installimage
# nameserver config
# IPv4
127.0.0.1 ostriawinds.com ostriawinds localhost.localdomain localhost
172.31.1.100 ostriawinds.com.yourdomain.localdomain ostriawinds.com
#
# IPv6
::1 ostriawinds.com ostriawinds ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
2a01:4f8:c17:3f1d::2 ostriawinds.com.yourdomain.localdomain ostriawinds.com

Try to disable ipv6 entries in /etc/hosts file and check the issue is solved or not.

If no, please provide the following commands output.

#netstat -tulpn | grep :143

# telnet localhost 143

Finally figured it out,

it was a dovecot problem after all. After executing the following command:

#dovecot -F

I got this error:

doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 50: ssl_cert: Can't open file /etc/dovecot/private/ssl-c ert-and-key.pem: No such file or directory

So this lead me to this page that gave me the solution:

https://kb.plesk.com/en/127412

So I reinstalled 'plesk-dovecot' using autoinstaller, switching to 'courier' and back to 'dovecot'. (Tools & Settings/Mail Server Settings)

Back