• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WebMail problems

V

valardesign.com

Hi,

We've recently started using Plesk 8.2 as our server and domain management tool.

Currently I am having trouble setting up the usage of Horde IMP with Plesk. According to the documentation the only thing one needs to do is check the WebMail checkbox under preferences to enable it. Please correct if I'm wrong.

I've done this, still I'm not able to access horde imp.

This is getting very frustating, as when I type in http://webmail.valardesign.com all response I get is that the page cannot be found...

Am I to setup the subdomain webmail myself? As I see it doesn't exist, or is plesk suppose to do this setup itself?

Create a A record under your domain name DNS settings e.g. webmail.valardesign.com. A 72.167.40.129

I think this may be the problem.

Originally posted by valardesign.com
Hi,

We've recently started using Plesk 8.2 as our server and domain management tool.

Currently I am having trouble setting up the usage of Horde IMP with Plesk. According to the documentation the only thing one needs to do is check the WebMail checkbox under preferences to enable it. Please correct if I'm wrong.

I've done this, still I'm not able to access horde imp.

This is getting very frustating, as when I type in http://webmail.valardesign.com all response I get is that the page cannot be found...

Am I to setup the subdomain webmail myself? As I see it doesn't exist, or is plesk suppose to do this setup itself?

The fact is domain name webmail.valardesign.com is not resolved, moreover there is incorrect DNS record for 'webmail.' in DNS zone of valardesign.com:

Domains -> valardesign.com -> DNS Settings:
===================================
webmail.valardesign.com. 3564 IN CNAME webmail.valardesign.com.

To resolve the problem you should:

1. Remove this CNAME record from domain`s DNS zone.

2. Change to Domains -> valardesign.com -> Mail -> Preferences
and mark option 'Webmail' enabled.
This will add the appropriate DNS record to the valardesign.com DNS zone:

webmail.valardesign.com. A 72.167.40.129

You should not add DNS record for 'webmail.' manually to DNS zone, Plesk will do this automatically when one enables webmail as advised.

./anb

Originally posted by lawrencesmit
I should have mentioned that I don't use the PLESK server for DNS... I use DNS Made Easy (www.dnsmadeeasy.com), they offer a brilliant service!

Re-configure DNS zone of valardesign.com then:

webmail.valardesign.com. A 72.167.40.129

The record below is incorrect:

webmail.valardesign.com. 3564 IN CNAME webmail.valardesign.com.

it does not do subdomain webmail.valardesign.com resolvable.

./anb

Back