• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Webmail (Roundcube) not accessible - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

mathi_reg

Basic Pleskian
Hey guys,

after a server migration on a new EC2 machine with a new IP (nothing else changed) my webmail.mydomain.com (mydomain.com is my plesk environment) is not accessible anymore.

When entering webmail.mydomain.com (which always used to work and show the Roundcube Login) I get "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".

Any ideas on that?

Is there a rewrite rule in the .htaccess?

Check the document root of your web host. make sure the "index.html" or "index.php" doesn't redirect to another URL.

Please explain "after a server migration"

How did you migrate this server? Is this a new server and you migrated your using Plesk Migration Manager?

Hey guys,

thanks for getting back to me @AusWeb and @m3lezZ.

1.) No, I don't have any .htaccess file on this mydomain.com
basically I have a bunch of subdomains on this mydomain.com like project1.mydomain.com and project2.mydomain.com and also webmail.mydomain.com. This was always working. The DNS entry of the mydomain.com looks correct.

Fyi: I'm using Cloudflare to point to this mydomain.com and am using wildcard * A record for all subdomains. However I have also a specific webmail.mydomain.com A record. I just stumbled over that and deleted it, maybe this is causing a redirect loop?

2.) Migration means I was updating the AWS EC2 instance and finally set an elastic IP for the server. I didn't have that and when updating the instance the IP changed and I had to update it everythwere.

It worked by removing the cloudflare record and saving the settings again in the Plesk Envrionment. Thanks.

Back