• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail shows only text after changing link

GilianH

New Pleskian
Hello,
I've upgraded from WS2008R2 & IIS to CentOS and Plesk 12.
Now, I wanted to change the webmail link for all domains to mail.domain instead of webmail.domain.

I've followd 2 guides to do that:
https://www.93i.de/devzone/plesk-webmail-subdomain
http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...change-Horde-Webmail-URL-(webmail-domain-com)

Everything went smooth, but now Horde and Roundcube look like this (even when I restarted the whole server):
View attachment 8903

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Have you checked the logs, what they are showing? Same links worked for us with one of our old issue and we were able to fix it.

For any 24x7 server support help you can contact us 24x7serversupport.com

Normally all panel related logs are at /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log, if you do not get anything there then we will need to access server and check.

Nope can't see a thing, except for a view cloudfare notifications.
What do you mean by: We will need to access server and check? (Call me overprotective, but better safe then sorry, right? ;) )

I mean you will need some system admin guys to login and check your server. Normally the steps given in above links works. Or system admin can give you alternative as well.

Assuming that your login works, and just looking at your screenshot, your're missing all the formatting of the page. Usually caused when a CSS file (holding the design/formatting info) can't be loaded. Go very carefully through all the changes you have done (webmail > mail) and look for a tiny spelling mistake or typo (like a missing slash or wrong path).

If you got Backup of all previous file versions, it might be quicker to restore those file, check it's working the old way, and do the changes again.

What do you mean by: We will need to access server and check? (Call me overprotective, but better safe then sorry, right? ;) )

You got the right idea :) Never give your server logins to anyone. -- If all else fails send a private message to Igor (official Plesk team) here in the forum who can get you in contact with the official Plesk support and development people.

Hi Gilian,

sorry, had other things on my mind earlier, therefore only short answer. Try outside-the-box approach.

Lets pretend you use Firefox as a browser on your personal computer. Download an add-on called "Web Developer". Once installed, Tools - Web developer - Browser Console.

In Browser Console, tick/mark/click: Net, CSS, JS, Security. Clear the display. In a new Firefox tab go to your new mail.domain.com instead the original webmail.domain.com
In the Browser Console it shows you all the errors created including the exact location where it wants to get the screen.css but can't.

Not the standard approach - but has worked a dream for me in the past :)

Thanks for the replies, unfortunatly the problem didn't go away.
Any more tips?

When going back to the old (default) situation (webmail.domain) everything works like a charm...
Maybe it needs more adjustments then just ServerAlias "webmail.<?php echo $VAR->domain->asciiName ?>" ?

Last edited:
This is my temporary workaround:

1) create the desired webmail address as a subdomain (i.e. mail.xyz.com)
2) go to webserver settings of the just created subdomain and use the settings below for http and https

UseCanonicalName Off

DocumentRoot "/usr/share/psa-horde"
Alias /horde/ "/usr/share/psa-horde/"

<IfModule mod_suexec.c>
SuexecUserGroup "horde_sysuser" "horde_sysgroup"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX fastcgi
FcgidInitialEnv PP_CUSTOM_PHP_INI "/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/php.ini"
FcgidMaxRequestLen 134217728
<Directory "/usr/share/psa-horde">
<Files ~ (\.php$)>
SetHandler fcgid-script
FCGIWrapper /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper .php
Options +ExecCGI
</Files>

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
</IfModule>

3) make sure nginx is disabled (first checkbox in webserver settings)

Back