1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail users not known

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by odgey, Oct 26, 2005.

1. odgey

odgey Guest

I am running the latest release of plesk on fedore 3 and everything seems to be running fine.

The only problem we have come across is with the login to the webmail client, it just reports login failed.

I have tried using the formats:

name
    name@domainname.com

and neither of these work, event though they work fine in outlook! I have checked the horde database and there seems to be no data is this correct ?

I have run the horde test scripts and they seem to be fine.

Does anyone know where the logs are that I should be looking at, or better still how to fix the issue ?

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    I had the same problem. Check your /etc/hosts file. Edit it so that your server's hostnam is there, like:

127.0.0.1 server.domain.com localhost

The standard hosts file is:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Hope it works for you too.

3. odgey

odgey Guest

Thanks...

Checked that and it's in there, it seems the problem is pretty widespread looking at a few other threads...

4. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

Try forcing a reinstall of the psa-horde package. And the horde database not having user data is correct. The psa-horde version reads user/password info from the psa database.