• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Webmail Working, Email Apps not working

southernsons

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am using Plesk Obsidian for Linux and it is connected to Cloudflare. I have added all Plesk DNS Settings into Cloudflare. So far everything is working fine, website, webmail etc.
Now I want to add an email address into my Outlook or Apple Mail but I keep getting this error:

We encountered an error while adding account. Please try again.

1646680803885.png

Hi.

It's hard to tell what's going wrong without further information.
Are there any errors in the maillog? You can view the maillog using the Plesk Mail Log Browser:

Hi thanks for the response.

I just tried to connect to IMAP/POP3 again and I get these errors here. NB: None of the IP Addresses are mine

2022-02-07 22:25:24postfix/smtpd[4734]disconnect from unknown[192.241.220.24] unknown=0/1 commands=0/1
2022-02-07 22:25:24postfix/smtpd[4734]lost connection after UNKNOWN from unknown[192.241.220.24]
2022-02-07 22:25:24postfix/smtpd[4734]connect from unknown[192.241.220.24]
2022-02-07 22:25:24postfix/smtpd[4734]warning: hostname zg-0224c-128.stretchoid.com does not resolve to address 192.241.220.24
2022-02-07 22:23:08dovecotimap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed: SSL_accept() failed: error:14201044:SSL routines:tls_choose_sigalg:internal error (no auth attempts in 2 secs): user=<>, rip=50.116.61.137, lip=172.31.22.219, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14201044:SSL routines:tls_choose_sigalg:internal error, session=<qPfwoabZSO4ydD2J>

When I use 143 I get this error

imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=66.228.45.212, lip=172.31.22.219, session=<DWObvKbZSO5C5C3U>

Do you have CloudFlare proxy enabled for your domain? CloudFlare doesn't support email traffic when proxy is enabled.

I think using the mail prefix, as suggested in the help article, causes an issue with secured connections. But I might be wrong. My suggestion would be to use the hostname of your server for mail connections. Make sure the hostname of your server doesn't use the CL proxy.

Thanks for the heads up. So I can log into Outlook and send emails. But cannot receive emails.
Looking in the logs again there's nothing suspicous

@Rasp the problem has been resolved now. Emails are working on all devices and I can send/receive emails without any problems. Thanks for the AWS hint.

@Rasp the problem has been resolved now. Emails are working on all devices and I can send/receive emails without any problems. Thanks for the AWS hint.
Can I ask how you got this resolved? I requested the port be opened but Amazon declined it without reason which is pretty frustrating. Why would they not just limit the email traffic or something and close it if it's being abused?

Can I ask how you got this resolved? I requested the port be opened but Amazon declined it without reason which is pretty frustrating. Why would they not just limit the email traffic or something and close it if it's being abused?
Nowadays Amazon requires a proper letter of motivation. So I stated my case that this tenant will be used for an eCommerce Store and Plesk by default offers an email server. I also stated that the emails sent are purely transactional emails such as order confirmation and invoices as we will make use of 3rd party services for bulk emails and we send them only with the recipient's consent.

So yea, you need to be careful how you formulate your case. My agency has a long-standing account with Amazon and we bring good monies to their doorsteps, I think this also helped them.

Nowadays Amazon requires a proper letter of motivation. So I stated my case that this tenant will be used for an eCommerce Store and Plesk by default offers an email server. I also stated that the emails sent are purely transactional emails such as order confirmation and invoices as we will make use of 3rd party services for bulk emails and we send them only with the recipient's consent.

So yea, you need to be careful how you formulate your case. My agency has a long-standing account with Amazon and we bring good monies to their doorsteps, I think this also helped them.
Thanks, much appreciated... I think I probably should have put more thought into my request letter in hindsight!

Back