• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Webpages are very slow using PHP-FPM for 7.0

Carlosmls

New Pleskian
I have a website with a high traffic and this website load very slow more than 3 seconds on load a simple website, i use FPM in php 7.0 and the OS is Centos and i want to speed up this website, how i cant do thats?

It is very unlikely that the reason for a delay is PHP 7. My suggestions here are:
1) Run the free Pingdom speedtest for the website. Pingdom will show you exactly what parts of the website delivery process cause the biggest delays.
2) Insert a microtime measurement into your code and narrow the bracket down to where the code really spends a lot of time.
Code:
$tx1 = microtime(true);
... your code here ...
$tx2 = microtime(true);
error_log(($tx2-$tx1)*1000);
This can be highly effective, because you will identify loops and statements that are very expensive. Once you have identified the problematic code you can easily replace it with faster solutions.

Hi, Carlosmls

Do you use an interaction with a database or with a file system or a connection to external services? Maybe do you use external resources in generated HTML? I think to analyse code with microtime() a good idea. Another way it is analysing result HTML with browser development mode.

Are you monitor a performance of CPU and disk subsystem of a web server? Do you use any cache techniques or cache services?

Back