• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

WebServerManager::addSubdomain() failed: websrvmng failed

I

IceaTronic

Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help. We have a some what fresh installation of Plesk Panel 9.3 Running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit).

When we go to create a new subdomain for the only domain being hosted on the server, we are getting the following error:

WebServerManager::addSubdomain() failed: websrvmng failed: The user name could not be found. (Error code 2221) at NetUserSetInfo()

How ever, if we go back to look at the list of subdomains for the parent domain, we can see that the new subdomain is listed there, but we cannot make any modifications to its settings. Event Viewer log as follows:

The user name could not be found. (Error code 2221) at NetUserSetInfo()
at (VSID::setUserInfo line 425)
at updateAppPool(sub.domain.com.au)(WebServerManager::updateAppPool line 3914)
at execute console command --add-subdomain(vconsoleapp::start line 129)
at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --add-subdomain "--vhost-name=domain.com.au" "--subdomain=sub"(vconsoleapp::run line 140)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe

(have edited out the real domain name etc for privacy reasons)

Any clues as to what could be causing this? Searching the forums here hasnt shown up anything at all relevant and neither has Google for that matter.

Really appreciating you to take to the time to read this thread and even more so if you can offer any assistance!

Cheers,

Michael

The issue is most likely related to problem creating IUSR group membership, which unluckily affects subdomains.
Most probably that identity of domain application pool was changed to LocalSystem. But the correct user should be "IWPD_xx". Therefore when Plesk tried to create new subdomain it failed. Subdomains application pool is configured into domain application pool. Try to restore correct identity for fixing this issue or contact support team if you can't do it by yourself.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply.

When looking at the Application Pool, we can see that the 'Identity' that it runs under is 'ApplicationPoolIdentity'. When attempting to change this to the only IWPD User present on the system, it is asking us for a password. How does one go about finding the password for this account so that I can then make the Application Pool run under the correct account?

Really appreciate your assistance Igor!

Cheers,

Michael

Hmm... Strange... Not sure that is the password there... I suggest you contact support team. I think that it would be much more effectively with direct access to your server.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it seems that this is one weird issue.

Thanks ever so much for your assistance, at least youve given me something else to look at now!

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your help on this issue. We ended up deleting the website and starting again the problem has since gone away.

Seems like this was a bit of a bug within Plesk at the time the site was created, but luckily, looks like it was a once off.

Once again, thanks for your assistance!

Cheers,

IceaTronic.

Back