• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

website on all IP addresses

NoelWxxx

New Pleskian
I have four "dedicated" IP addresses in my new server (today).
I set up one website ok with wordpress.
I then went to set another website up within plesk and despit installing plesk for the secnd site I discovered the contents for the first website show against the IP address in the browser. In fact the contents for the first website shows against all four "dedicated" IP addresses - yet only one is specifically allocated to that website.
I am not technical and very confused. Surely the website should only be visible in a browser against its own IP address and not any others. I looked at the IP address and see the subnet masks are all the same - is that a factor? Please help. Been at this all day.

Not as far I am aware. I have the default Plesk set-up. Does it come as default and where should I look within plesk to see if it is there?

Sorry, I am not technical I guess I need to ftp to that location? Can I not see whether it is enabled within Plesk?

Sure you can, login to Plesk -> go to Tools & Settings -> Services Management

Yes. It is the bottom option and has a green tick against it (enabled) called: "Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)". Shall I stop this service and if I do what affect will it have?

NO Effect at all, its just a proxy web-server running infront of apache ...You can stop it!!

You are fantastic! That solved it. Amazing. Nightmare over for now, anyway. Thanks a lot.

Can I ask another question. I can't FTP to my site (I am using IP address only). I can only SFTP, do you know a probably cause of that?

May I suggest you create another thread for "I can't FTP to my site (I am using IP address only). I can only SFTP, do you know a probably cause of that?"

Will pick it up from there ....

Now I have a problem again. The first website is not showing against its dedicated IP address. Instead it goes to the plesk default page. I can see in file manager that the site is all there. The second website is showing against its dedicated IP correctly. I am guessing turning off the nginx solved the problem temporarily but created another issue. Any ideas?

Back