• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

website on all IP addresses

NoelWxxx

New Pleskian
I have four "dedicated" IP addresses in my new server (today).
I set up one website ok with wordpress.
I then went to set another website up within plesk and despit installing plesk for the secnd site I discovered the contents for the first website show against the IP address in the browser. In fact the contents for the first website shows against all four "dedicated" IP addresses - yet only one is specifically allocated to that website.
I am not technical and very confused. Surely the website should only be visible in a browser against its own IP address and not any others. I looked at the IP address and see the subnet masks are all the same - is that a factor? Please help. Been at this all day.

Not as far I am aware. I have the default Plesk set-up. Does it come as default and where should I look within plesk to see if it is there?

Sorry, I am not technical I guess I need to ftp to that location? Can I not see whether it is enabled within Plesk?

Sure you can, login to Plesk -> go to Tools & Settings -> Services Management

Yes. It is the bottom option and has a green tick against it (enabled) called: "Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)". Shall I stop this service and if I do what affect will it have?

NO Effect at all, its just a proxy web-server running infront of apache ...You can stop it!!

You are fantastic! That solved it. Amazing. Nightmare over for now, anyway. Thanks a lot.

Can I ask another question. I can't FTP to my site (I am using IP address only). I can only SFTP, do you know a probably cause of that?

May I suggest you create another thread for "I can't FTP to my site (I am using IP address only). I can only SFTP, do you know a probably cause of that?"

Will pick it up from there ....

Now I have a problem again. The first website is not showing against its dedicated IP address. Instead it goes to the plesk default page. I can see in file manager that the site is all there. The second website is showing against its dedicated IP correctly. I am guessing turning off the nginx solved the problem temporarily but created another issue. Any ideas?

Back