• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Websites and Plesk connection refused since latest Linux system update

Mathias

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I tried now 5 different Linux distributions to work with Plesk, but I get always the same error in the latest Linux system update. All my websites and Plesk are not available: connection refused. Cannot login with SSH or connect with FTP. I can install Plesk but the errors show up after the automatic system update. I disabled the Plesk firewall and ModSecurity, but the errors stay. This happens with Centos 7, Debian 8 and 9 and Ubuntu 14, 16 and 18. What is going wrong here? Any solution?

Thanks,
Greetings, Mathias

What exact error, error message, results of troubleshooting? Need more detail, please.

I can install Plesk Onyx on Linux and set up my websites, but after 3 hours, when the automatic system update comes, all websites and Plesk refuse the connection in Firefox or Chrome Browser. There is no Plesk error message, only the one delivered by the browser. After the update I even cannot login with SSH or FTP: connection refused.

What if you install all OS updates before Plesk installation?

That didn't help. I installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS minimal with SSH only and then updated and upgraded the operating system with sudo apt get upgrade. After this I installed Plesk Onyx. It seemed to run, but after 2 days and one more nightly automatic linux system update, I cannot connect to my server. All websites and Plesk refuse the connection, so does SSH on port 22 and SFTP on same port. Must be a misconfiguration between the latest update and Plesk. What can I do to save my websites and not upload 5GB of data everytime after setting up the server again? I wonder that I am alone with this issue and that nobody else has this problem. I thought, this must be happened to thousands of users. Thanks for any help.

It seemed to run, but after 2 days and one more nightly automatic linux system update, I cannot connect to my server. All websites and Plesk refuse the connection, so does SSH on port 22 and SFTP on same port.
It's a really strange story. I can say only that theoretically it may be related to firewall but I never heard before that system updates blocked all Plesk connections. I would suggest you as Plesk Support Team assistance. Experienced supporters will check the issue directly on your server and fix the reason.

It was a firewall issue that I found a solution for now. I enabled the rescue mode at my server provider, logged in with SSH and opened the iptables ports Plesk is using. After a reboot all my websites came back, also Plesk and Email or FTP. The system update was a new linux firmware update. Thanks for your help.

Back