• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Websites down after upgrade to 10.2

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I just upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1 now the websites on that server are down.

I can login to Plesk itself just fine but i cant even preview this website. i get page cannot be displayed.

Neither can i log in to legacy sitebuilder that was working just fine before the upgrade

Not sure what is wrong here, can anyone point me in the right direction on what to look for.

This websites were loading just fine prior to upgrading to 10.2

Having the same issue. It Appears after installing the update the sitepreview.dll disappeared. After removing it in ISAPI filters in IIS for the a site the site started working while others still listing it do not. Disabling the use of it from the root of IIS does nothing as it is a local setting per site instance.

Running Windows 2008 R2 STD x64

All IIS pools are running in 32 bit and were indeed working before the upgrade.

errors I was receiving are

1) The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Parallels\Plesk\isapi\sitepreview.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

2) Could not load all ISAPI filters for site 'domainname'. Therefore site startup aborted.

I had to restore from backup and revert to 10.1.1 because of this issue.
Although the upgrade to 10.2 did not appear to have completed succesfully, i am beginning to suspect my web sites being down has to do more with windows update installing .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 (KB2446704). After restoring from backup i ran windows update again and "some" (not all) of my web sites wont load again, uninstalling the update did not restore my sites, so i had to fall back on backup once again.

I am running windows 2003 Enterprise 64bit

Unfortunately your issue is hard to investigate without access to server. Since you have reverted probably all upgrade logs are lost, and there is nothing to analyze. We haven't met such issue in our lab.

Having the same issue. It Appears after installing the update the sitepreview.dll disappeared. After removing it in ISAPI filters in IIS for the a site the site started working while others still listing it do not. Disabling the use of it from the root of IIS does nothing as it is a local setting per site instance.
Sitepreview.dll filter has been dropped starting from 10.2. The following command is called during upgrade to 10.2:

"%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe" --remove-global-filter --name=sitepreview

It should not be configured per site. It is visible per site but in fact it should be inherited from global filters list.

Websites down after upgrade to 10.2...

I also have the same issue.
After a very complicated repair of Plesk 10.1.1 after an upgrade from 10.0 I
tried to upgrade to 10.2 since it contained many of the 'fixes' for issues I had in the 10.1.1 upgrade.

After 10.2 was completed ALL Sitebuilder 5.x sites, and possibly some other IIS based sites went.
The sites seemed to have lost their CSS, templates, structure, setup, configs, alignments, etc.
The module data also seemed to have went bye bye.

I was so happy to learn that 10.2 was release and that it addressed the issues I had in 10.1.1
but after installation of the 10.2 upgrade all sites were damaged.

I had to restore backup and return to 10.1.1

It seems as if 10.2 has issues. After about 2 months of Parallels techs fixing 'broken' things on
our Plesk server I couldn't afford to loose my customers sites with the 10.2 upgrade. I had to
revert back to 10.1.1

This problem is not reproduced in our environment.
Guys, please provide upgrade logs or anything to investigate this issue.
If you have support tickets with credentials to your server provided, please send their IDs to me.

Back