• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Solarom

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to deploy a NodeJS application on my server, but an error message appears.
I tested several solutions found on the web, but none worked.

error.PNG

Can you help me understand please ?

Thanks! :)

Sorry, but the only statement "It doesn't work! Please help!" is not enough.
Could you please be more specific? Any additional details, error messages from logs, results of troubleshooting, etc?

Okay, I have pull a NodeJS application from my remote repository.
I configured the NodeJS extension like this.

node.PNG

Only, when I wish to access my domain: "api.as-sellerie.fr", an error appears with the code "c61ecbaf".

error.PNG

In the domain logs, an error 500 :

500.PNG

Honestly, I'm a brand new Plesk customer and I use Google Translate to communicate in English, lol.

If you have an idea, or a hypothesis, I am interested. I keep looking for the answer to the problem in the meantime, and come back to you if I have an idea.

Kings regards :)

It's possible not to use phusion passenger?

EDIT :

I found the logs :

[Wed Apr 01 01:32:46.549460 2020] [autoindex:error] [pid 444:tid 140497834174208] [client 192.168.1.1:56202] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/vhosts/as-sellerie.fr/api.as-sellerie.fr/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm,index.shtml) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

I tried this, it didn't work
app.PNG

Last edited:
# ls -la /var/www/vhosts/as-sellerie.fr/api.as-sellerie.fr/

OUTPUT

terminal.JPG
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
*****************************************************************************************************

In the file manager, I clicked on "as-sellerie.fr".

first.jpg

Then I go to the files for my subdomain and i add the file .htaccess.

second.jpg

I configure the .htaccess file like this.

htaccess.PNG

My website appears with an error 500.

error.JPG

Here is the log.

[Wed Apr 01 16:34:04.627038 2020] [core:alert] [pid 19115:tid 140497996625664] [client 192.168.1.1:57794] /var/www/vhosts/as-sellerie.fr/api.as-sellerie.fr/.htaccess: <Location not allowed here

BUG FIXED

I found the answer to the problem. I deleted the .htaccess file, there was no report.

PhusionPassenger did not detect the startup file "app.js".
For the proper functioning of the application you must create a file server.js which creates a server by pointing your file app.js.

nodejs.JPG

Do not specify listening on a strict number as I have been able to do.

For example, for PhusionPassenger to work, write:

http.createServer(app).listen(process.env.PORT);

And not :

http.createServer(app).listen(5000);

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*********************************************************************************************************

Thank you Igor for the time you spent trying to find a solution. I hope my post will help other users.

Thank you.

BUG FIXED

I found the answer to the problem. I deleted the .htaccess file, there was no report.

PhusionPassenger did not detect the startup file "app.js".
For the proper functioning of the application you must create a file server.js which creates a server by pointing your file app.js.

View attachment 16645

Do not specify listening on a strict number as I have been able to do.

For example, for PhusionPassenger to work, write:

http.createServer(app).listen(process.env.PORT);

And not :
http.createServer(app).listen(5000);

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*********************************************************************************************************

Thank you Igor for the time you spent trying to find a solution. I hope my post will help other users.

Thank you.

Thank you! this works perfect

Back