• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What are they waiting for?

J

Joor

Ok, a good product takes time, i know.

But the 8.2 was announced to the end of june. Then to the 9th of July, then they added another day....

If there are some officials here please tell us the real date.

I think here are a lot of people who are waiting for the new version because they need it really urgent.

For me it is urgent because i need debian etch for my server...

So please tell us what is fact!

Joor

you better browse through this forum to see that rushing into a new release of plesk has never been a good idea. On the other hand we are also glad there are still people who want to install it right away in to their production... it is gives us an idea how much longer to wait ;)

The main question was on what swsoft ist waiting for....
It is always a good idea to involve the users instead of let them waiting without any information.

If there are some problems that delays the new release why nobody tells us about them?

The product page and downloads page are both up, but none of the downloads work at the moment.

If you think this is bad, look at cPanel. One of their releases was scheduled for the start of May, and it still has not been released (now it's scheduled for next week).

To make it clear the only Date that was made available by SW soft is the projected release date of v8.2 on a Powerpoint slide thats purpose was to show how plesk and the other products will develop...

Then there was somebody in this forum who stated the helpdesk told him 9th of july. I consider this as an Hotliner talking about interna, so it is worth nothing but as food for some rumors...

The pages that are linked in here are pages that where fond by guessing urls so we have all signs of swsoft getting ready to release today.. but if they decide to delay the release for another 2 days and change the prepard pages to the new release date we have nothing to complain the only thing they released on their site is the Powerpoint with a projected release date of end of june...
and that means nothing just compare the first projected release date of window vista back in 2003.... of course we are all waiting to get our hands on 8.2....

but I can't blame swsoft for not holding up to what they promised....

as long as 8.2 will have no serious (upgrade) bugs... i am happy to wait another couple of days, if they feel to do so... ;)
but i think we just need another couple of hours of patience!
hal

me too... better a good runnig update as to get it in my hands 2 hours sooner... and have to see that some americans havn't had lunch yet so they got a few hours left....

I just didn't like the complaints about sw soft (of corse you can complain about upgrade trouble I remember 8.1) but not about not holding promises that where never made...

so lets just wait till it is up.

And I don't blame you for posting this! I my self have a new server which is ready to be set up and would love to run centos5 and am waiting for the release. So your post gave me an estimate how long I'll have to wait and if it is worth waiting...

But I do not consider a mail to one customer as an offical statment of a release date.

I was complaining how information that was posted by you is getting the status of an offical release date and how pre-setup pages on the site that where found by guessing URLs are seen as offical statements of SWsoft.

And people start complaining about swsoft not releasing on a timeshedule that may exist internaly but was never release to (broad) public for example as a newsentry on their website or something like this.

So to say it again: "thanks for posting the Information here, If you havn't I would have setup my server already probably with centOS4.4 and plesk 8.1.1 and would have to go to a first upgrade in the next days..."

Back