• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What is it for? (Registration)

Walter Smith

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm building my website using your nice website builder, i have everything figured out. but i still don't know what is the registration option for? i placed a forum in my website (which i don't want anonymous ppl to post in, but this is impossible to do) and when i tried registering, and loged in... i can still change the my name and write like a different person in the forum...

so please can you tell me what is it for so i can use it correctly?

Thank you very much for your help.

I can suggest you to check appropriate documentation part for clarification:

http://download1.parallels.com/Site...viding_registration_to_your_site_visitors.htm

You can set up voluntary user registration on your web site. This function has nothing to do with restricted access. Logged in users do not have to enter their name, address, and other data each time they fill a form on the site - this data is automatically inserted into the appropriate text fields of the form (for example, when posting to blog or buying in e-shop).

Note: To prevent automated registration, users will be required to enter a confirmation code to be able to register on your site.

Back