• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question What is the default SPAM folder

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am using Spamassasin on my Plesk server and I am unsure which folder is the default SPAM-folder.
In my mailbox there is a SPAM named folder as subfolder of the inbox and a folder with the same name is a root-subfolder.
The background is that Spamassasin tries to learn from my SPAM and therefore I need to know where to move my spam mails.

Is there any config file to change this folder in Plesk?

Best regards
Onki

Hello,
SpamAssasin provides different options to handle spam:
  1. Mark Spam in the subject line. For example adding ***SPAM*** to the subject
  2. Delete Messages which reaches the spam-score
  3. Move spam to the spam-folder
Spam training is performed on a daily basis while the Plesk daily task.

Normaly it's enough just to mark a spam-message in roundcube for example as spam, then the message will be moved to the spam-folder:

mceclip1.png
In your mail-client deppends this on the client. But at the ones which I tested (Thunderbird & Outlook) it will be moved to the sub-folder of the mailbox:
mceclip1.png

Note: All messages are automatically removed from the Spam folder after 30 days. Move all non-spam messages back to the Inbox folder after performing the Plesk daily task.

You can also define with with the sa-learn-utility which folder spam-assasin should use to learn spam:
  1. Connect to the server with ssh
  2. Place all existing spam messages for example into the spam folder of the [email protected] mailbox.
  3. run the command below to generate the antispam database
    Code:
    sa-learn --spam /var/qmail/mailnames/example.tld/yourmailbox/Maildir/.Spam/cur/
  4. Copy the generated files from the step 3. from /root/.spamassassin/ to the .spamassassin folder of the required mailbox
    Code:
    cp /root/.spamassassin/* /var/qmail/mailnames/example.tld/yourmailbox/.spamassassin/
  5. Set the correct ownership for the copied files by executing the command below:
    Code:
    chown -R popuser:popuser /var/qmail/mailnames/example.tld/yourmailbox/.spamassassin/*

For more information have at the spamassasin-documentation here.

Back