• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What permissions for \inetpub\webmail\Horde? Returns ACL error

supra2800@

Basic Pleskian
I installed ASPUpload on my server some weeks ago, which caused the ISAP extensions for .php and .php3 files in all my websites, to be removed. I manually added the ISAP extensions, so php files worked again (before they returned 404 not found errors, even though they WERE there!!)

Anyway, now I find out that webmail.domain.com does not work anymore.

It returns this error:

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I'm getting the webmail.domain.com/index.html file perfect, which is a frameset file. But the content from c:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde which should be displayed within the frameset, gives the above ACL error :(

Can anyone please help me out here?

I think its a permissions problems, on either the "webmail" or "horde" folder ?

hi friend..
do you solve your problem?
I have the same problem too

thanks for help me
Vivian

No I never got it to work. So I just decided to use an online webserver (IIS, win2003) and use Transmit + skEdit to do my work. It will then save on FTP automatically whenever I save, so I can refresh the content in my browser afterwards.

ok but what "Transmit + skEdit" ?

and another question, as I upgrade only one pachake direct to creator, ex: horde, mailenable, mysql 6.0 and another free upgrades free pagckages ?

using the server same version 7.5.6 for example?

thanks

:)

Vivian

Oh, sorry about my last post - I was thinking of a different thread on a different forum :D (some issue I had with IIS in WinXP using Parallels on Mac).

Well - yeah I got the webmail/horde thing to work, but it's so long time ago, I really can't remember what I did :( I think it was something with permissions perhaps, but I really can't remember at all. I suggest you try to contact the support at your webhost provider, or maybe open a ticket with SWSoft or something. Good luck.

I have the following permissions set on my environment:

Administrators - Full access;
System - Full access;
IIS_WPG - Read+Execute;
Network Service - Read+Execute;
IWAM_plesk(default) - Read+Execute;
psaserv - Read+Execute;
IME_ADMIN - Read+Execute; (this one form MEWebMail only)

Hope this will be useful.

I was having a similar error messsage when opening webmail:

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

I asked parallels for support and this was their answer:

The problem was in the lack of permissions for IUSR_WIN2K3STD user on D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail folder.

Back