• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Whats new in 10.3?

When will 10.3.0 be released?

Dear Sergey,

any idea when the 10.3.0 version will be released?

Thanks
Salami Charly

Dear Sergey,

can you please be a bit more precise as I'm planing to go live with the new server within the next 2 weeks and I want to avoid playing around with a live machine.

Thanks
Salami Charly

Hello Salamic,

Yes, you definitely shall not play with a production server.

So far I can only tell that public availability is supposed to be more distant then next two weeks. For more precise information please watch official parallels announcements - the data shall be announced there when known.

Regards

Update available but already installed?!

Dear Sergey,

after running several updates last week, I ended up with Plesk 10.2.0 and MySQL Version 5.1.52-10121017 including all MU's.

This morning the Plesk panel tells me, there are updates installed and after looking on the https://IP-address:8447/select_components.html page, there was a message: Updates to MySQL 5.1 available. I started the update process, but the update never stops (~30 minutes!). So I stopped it.

Any idea?

Thanks
Salami Charly

PS. Any news about Plesk 10.3 as the preview disappeared from your website.

Dear SalamiC,

10.3 previews are done and now it is in limited availability stage on parallels.com. Soon to be publicly available.

I've got 10.3 already!

Dear Sergey,

I've got 10.3 yesterday and the update is already installed, and so far, without problems!

Regarding the release note of 10.3 I have a question:

Under Point 10: "Third-party components upgrades", you say about MySQL: "MySQL 5.5 (support is provided, but the package itself ships only in the repository for CentOS)". Can you please tell me what that means? Am I able to update to MySQL 5.5 via YUM? Can you please provide a hint, Commando, link of how to?

Thanks for effort and already a nice weekend. 8)

Thanks
Salami Charly

Hi Salami C,

By this it's meant if you got mysql from atomic or if you built it yourself as an rpm. Centos will not package a mysql 5.5 for centos 5 or even 6 as it was never released with it. If you check atomic, Scott has some 5.5 mysql in bleeding repository.

Cheers!

Hi

Actually we are moving from Plesk 8.3 to 10.x .
We accidently used autoinstaller on our new server.
As far as i can see we installed the preview of 10.3 and there is no option to upgrade to 10.3 RTM.

So the question is shall we wait for the release of 10.3 and do a complete reinstall of os and plesk ?

Are there any information when the rtm will be avaiable?
Because our old server now has some hardware issues an we want to do the migration as fast as possible.

By the way: Migration to the preview works really good! Good job from plesk
Only thing i saw: the dns migration of domains with ip´s outside plesk are not shown after migration. so we have to add them manually. I think this is a bug in the migration manager.

Cheers Benny

@Mr.BB

10.3 is expected to become publicly available on parallels.com later this month. I don't have more accurate date unfortunately. Upgrade from preview to final is not supported, so the best would be to run migration from your preview server to the 10.3 when available.

Only thing i saw: the dns migration of domains with ip´s outside plesk are not shown after migration. so we have to add them manually. I think this is a bug in the migration manager.
Thank you, we confirm this problem. Will need to fix it in next version.

Regards

Ok, upgraded to 10.3. So, the cgi_wrapper in /var/www/cgi_bin is now a binrary ;( As stated in the release notes every domain can have it's own php.ini and configuration, but WHERE ? How do i configure it? Nothing is visible in the GUI, no instructions or howto...?!

Sorry, but the user in the other thread is correct. If you activate FastCGI Mode in Plesk and reload the webserver configuration a directory is created, which is /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/etc/. In this folder a php.ini file is created automatically, which only includes:

PHP:
open_basedir = /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs:/tmp
safe_mode = On

I replaced my real domain with domain.tld in this case.

This implemantion is wrong for different reasons and against that what we talked about in THIS thread here:

1. The php.ini file is created automatically, where is the template for this file?
2. Only 2 configuration arguments? We talked about a lot more, also where are the other "default" php parameters set which work global for all domains? In the corresponding default php.ini file of the webserver (location differs in every distribution) ? This would be bad!
3. Location of php.ini file REALLY should be /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/conf/ as you stated.
4. Template for this file should be /var/www/vhosts/.0/skel/conf/

Last edited:
Markus,

I see a confusion about this feature. Let me explain
1,4,5 - please see detailed explanation here. In short -
in .skel/0/conf/php.ini you put your template for all vhosts
in test.tld/conf/php.ini you put custom settings for specific vhost

I am not sure what goes wrong for you in #3 as you don't provide any specific steps, but I think you can follow instructions in the post I've referenced above

2 - looks like you are mixing this feature with wishes expressed in this thread recently. I think you'll see them soon, but not in 10.3. These wishes will go for the next version.

Does it help?

Would like to add some wishes:

- Replace proftpd with vsftpd
- Allow different PHP versions been run side by side on selection (similar to Windows) on Linux
- Same for MySQL but not such hard required

Centos 6 release

Any idea now of how long until Centos 6 is supported? I am itching to redo my server. I imagine you will just release packages based on current plesk 10.3?

Back