• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What's that cron message i received via mail and WHY!?

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
What's that message i received via mail?

Unbenannt.jpg

Something went wrong with the sa-update (spamassassin update).

Check the log for error(s): /var/log/sa-update.log

I got the same message from 2 different servers running Debian 9 today.

Searching the forums I came across this thread: Resolved - SpamAssassin daily update cron exited with return code 4

The output of the /usr/bin/sa-update; echo $? command is this:

config: invalid regexp for __URI_TRY_3LD 'm,^https?://(?:try(?!r\.codeschool)|start|get(?!\.adobe)|save|check(?!out)|act|compare|join|learn(?!ing)|request|visit(?!or|\.vermont)|my(?!sub|turbotax|news\.apple|a\.godaddy|account|support|build|blob)\w)[^.]*\.[^/]+\.(?<!list-manage\.)(?:com|net)\b,i': Variable length lookbehind not implemented in regex m/(?i)^https?://(?:try(?!r\.codeschool)|start|get(?!\.adobe)|save|check(?!out)|act|compare|join|learn(?!ing)|request|vi.../
channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed

It semms that the __URI_TRY_3LD rule has wrong regexp?

@maartenv : Thank you very much for your feedback. I uploaded the file HERE:

@Akrolis : Debian 9 is a lil bit old - one years ago i updated to Debian 10. I would do the same thing in your case if your server is in public and not used for a private intranet...

@Akrolis : Debian 9 is a lil bit old - one years ago i updated to Debian 10. I would do the same thing in your case if your server is in public and not used for a private intranet...

Yep, they're both internal servers (actually it's just one server and its clone). Since you didn't state the enviroment in the opening post I thought maybe it was related to my old OS, assuming you were on Debian 9 too.

I got the same message from 2 different servers running Debian 9 today.

Searching the forums I came across this thread: Resolved - SpamAssassin daily update cron exited with return code 4

The output of the /usr/bin/sa-update; echo $? command is this:

config: invalid regexp for __URI_TRY_3LD 'm,^https?://(?:try(?!r\.codeschool)|start|get(?!\.adobe)|save|check(?!out)|act|compare|join|learn(?!ing)|request|visit(?!or|\.vermont)|my(?!sub|turbotax|news\.apple|a\.godaddy|account|support|build|blob)\w)[^.]*\.[^/]+\.(?<!list-manage\.)(?:com|net)\b,i': Variable length lookbehind not implemented in regex m/(?i)^https?://(?:try(?!r\.codeschool)|start|get(?!\.adobe)|save|check(?!out)|act|compare|join|learn(?!ing)|request|vi.../
channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed

It semms that the __URI_TRY_3LD rule has wrong regexp?
Yes, we've had the e-mail today too (forum sig for our setup etc). This has happened, a few times in the past (there's a few more similar / same content previous threads...) but the eventual outcome in all, has always been the same: i.e. a SpamAssassin update to the related OS in question. If you run the cron manually:
# sh /etc/cron.daily/60sa-update There's no visible error and/or email. If you run # /usr/bin/sa-update; echo $? Yes, you'll get that same cause being specified.
Guessing that somebdy from Plesk may comment on this soon - unless - it was a glitch, which will be cured at source, overnight, as has happened with the Grafana extension in the past). We'll all know for sure, after tomorrow's e-mails ;)

Good morning
well, the problem persists, it did not disappear overnight or someone from Plesk commented. ;)
The question still remains, how do we solve the problem?

Hi,
it seems that the problem has been fixed by Spamassassin, my update went through without errors.
Feb 20 19:43:57.862 [1973] dbg: diag: updates complete, exiting with code 1

Today, same issue after updating to...

Betriebssystem: Debian 10.11
Produkt: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.42

It sucks, it really really sucks!!!

It's a SpamAssassin issue. These kinds of sa-update errors happen all the time. Most of the time, these issues will resolve themself if you wait a few days.

Back