• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

when creatinng default skin package -> custom.css is blank

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a custom skin by editing some css components but when I follow the instructions at:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-themes-guide/

when creating creating the default skin package it successfully completes, however, the custom.css is blank...

incidently, executing:
branding_theme -p -name default -destination <path/filename.zip>
vs
branding_theme -p -name default -vendor admin -destination <path/filename.zip>
creates a different package... also with a blank custom.css ...

can anyone please shed some light on this for me?

Thank you,
~Mike

a quick update... this is strange.. listed themes as 'Default' but it cannot be packaged...

[root@]# plesk bin server_pref -sl
Skins installed:
[root@]# plesk bin branding_theme -p -name Default -vendor admin -destination /tmp/Default.zip
Skin with name Default was not found on filesystem.
exit status 3

I am using the Theme's extension? Possible conflict?

Any hints?

So close..... Default has to be default. Thus the full command:

user@computer:~# plesk bin branding_theme -p name default -destination /tmp/default.zip

Hello,
> when creating creating the default skin package it successfully completes, however, the custom.css is blank...
It is expected behavior that custom.css file located in this directory is empty in case you use Plesk 12.5 version.

Please find more details in or documentation:

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/ad...using-custom-skins/modifying-the-files.70909/

But, if I understand you correctly, you use Plesk 12.0.18.
>
>[root@]# plesk bin server_pref -sl
>Skins installed:
>Default
>[root@]# plesk bin branding_theme -p -name Default -vendor admin -destination /tmp/Default.zip
>Skin with name Default was not found on filesystem.

We have tried to perform the action described in our documentation for Plesk 12.0.18:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-themes-guide/

1. usr/local/psa/bin/branding_theme -p -name default -destination /tmp/theme.zip
2. unzip theme.zip file.
3. less css/custom.css - content is presented.

Please try to perform the steps above.

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the reply!

I am indeed using version 12.5... I should have specified.

The documentation link you provided definitely details version 12.5 specifics better than the 12.5 advanced administration guide that I used...

Through some head banging, I actually went to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme/css and edited the main.css directly live... it worked great, though I have a feeling that this is a system controlled directory/file. So I'll be adding the content bits to the custom.css file of the packaged css 'package' and install that as directed.

Do you see an issue in editing main.css directly? Is this supported?

Incidentally, using 'inspect element' from Google chrome was indeed very helpful...

Cheers,
~M

Hello Mike,

We do not recommend to perform any changes directly in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme/css files. We do not support such customization so it could be done on your own risk. I suggest you to follow instructions in the documentation provided above to avoid any issues with Plesk functionality.

@ Lev: I'll rework this and follow best practice, thanks for the help!

@ whytefyre: I did use "default" also and it does generate a package but the custom.css is blank also. This is, from what I understand above, default and expected behaviour for Plesk 12.5 ...?

Cheers all

Hello,
>>I did use "default" also and it does generate a package but the custom.css is blank also. This is, from what I understand above, default and expected behaviour for Plesk 12.5 ...?
You are right, it is expected behavior for 12.5 version.

Back