• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue when sending email goes to spam

russellx

New Pleskian
I am new to plesk a web development word.
after setting up up mail server in plesk,everytime I send an email it will go to spam/junk folder.

Can any one help or point me to the right direction?
Thank you

This needs to be looked at in more detail. First thing you could check is whether your IP is blacklisted somewhere. Check it here, e.g.

Also make sure that the reverse name resolution (PTR) record is set correctly for your server's name.

Hello @Peter Debik and thanks for response.
I have done the IP blacklist check on several website and on all of them came up with same result, the only black list I saw in my IP was: dnsbl.spfbl.net

I also used the link you have provided (MultiRBL.valli.org - Blacklist, Whitelist and FCrDNS check tool) and to be honest I'm just confused and do not know what I should look for here, that why I have attached a picture of the result I got below hoping you could help.

I'll appreciate you help in advance.
Thank you

1.jpg

When you scroll down on the result page you can see the lists where your ip is blacklisted (it is listed with 2 lists). Depending on the list you can either try to apply for a blacklist removal from these lists (click on the names, read the instructions on their websites) or first figure out who or what is sending spam from your ip. It is better to first stop spam mails from your system, then apply for removal.

When you scroll down on the result page you can see the lists where your ip is blacklisted (it is listed with 2 lists). Depending on the list you can either try to apply for a blacklist removal from these lists (click on the names, read the instructions on their websites) or first figure out who or what is sending spam from your ip. It is better to first stop spam mails from your system, then apply for removal.
Kindly check my report below, my domain is fresh new domain, how i can remove it from blacklists, I'm using Gusite and its working fine receiving in inbox but the Plesk server and WHMCS emails going to spam folder.

Report is Here Live

I am not sure what the actual question is. In the results you can simply click on the service where you have been blacklisted and request a delisting from them.

For your emails there can be other reasons, too, why your mails are going to a spam folder. For example: Missing SPF, missing rDNS, missing or wrong DKIM, trigger words in your email body or subject etc.

I am not sure what the actual question is. In the results you can simply click on the service where you have been blacklisted and request a delisting from them.

For your emails there can be other reasons, too, why your mails are going to a spam folder. For example: Missing SPF, missing rDNS, missing or wrong DKIM, trigger words in your email body or subject etc.

Thank you, how to find my domain server SPF and DKM

Ya, you are right its there in the host dns records, but since im using cloudflare i forgot to add these these records.

View attachment 18140
Shall i add both txt and spf on cloudflare, or its enough SPF record. thanks for help.

Only add the TXT record type. The SPF type is deprecated.

All is good now records, except the PTR, how to find it

A PTR record is used for reverse DNS. Instead of pointing a host name to an IP address it is used to assign a IP address to a single host name. It something the configure with your hosting provider, not with CloudFlare (or any other DNS provider). Ask your hosting provider how to set the rDNS (reverse DNS).

Back