• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Where can I set up the Catch all function?

derahnungslose

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Good evening,

I have a Plesk server running multiple domains. The e-mail mailbox is set up via Roundcube for each domain. A year ago you could set up a catch all function for a specific mailbox somewhere.
Is now no longer possible?

Does anyone have an idea where I can find this nice function?

Plesk Obsidian version 18.0.48
Debian 11.6

Kind regards

Go to Plesk > Tools & Settings > Interface Management > Interface Controls Visibility, disable Hide controls for rejection messages for non-existent mail addresses, and press OK.

Go to Plesk > Tools & Settings > Interface Management > Interface Controls Visibility, disable Hide controls for rejection messages for non-existent mail addresses, and press OK.
Interface Management is not there anymore in Plesk Web Admin edition ....

E-Mail settings exist in all licences. Are you logged in as "admin"?
Yes, i am admin.
Email setting exists in all licenses, only the options for What to do with mail for non-existent users * are missing in Web Admin version

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 8
Make sure you go to the Interface Management and uncheck the hide bounce controls

raw

raw

Only once that's unhidden is when the bounce controls will show.

Make sure you go to the Interface Management and uncheck the hide bounce controls

raw

raw

Only once that's unhidden is when the bounce controls will show.
Ok, which one is Interface Management ?
Plesk web admin edition

Attachments

• Clipboard02.png
    Clipboard02.png
    371.1 KB · Views: 8
Looks like you might have Restricted Mode enabled. Turn that off by going to Restricted Mode Settings, go to the very bottom and uncheck "Enable Restricted Mode"

Looks like you might have Restricted Mode enabled. Turn that off by going to Restricted Mode Settings, go to the very bottom and uncheck "Enable Restricted Mode"

Nope, it was off . and is still off

Attachments

• Clipboard03.png
    Clipboard03.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
Can you try to set the desired option for a domain via CLI?

Run this command to set Bounce with message option for a domain:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr bounce:"No such mailbox on the server"

Run this command to set Forward to address option for a domain to forward emails to [email protected] address:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr [email protected]

Run this command to set Reject option for example.com domain:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr reject

Can you try to set the desired option for a domain via CLI?

Run this command to set Bounce with message option for a domain:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr bounce:"No such mailbox on the server"

Run this command to set Forward to address option for a domain to forward emails to [email protected] address:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr [email protected]

Run this command to set Reject option for example.com domain:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -u example.com -no_usr reject

Yes, this is working .

Those CLI stuff i was looking for and can't find them anywhere , thanks a lot, you can make that post pinned :)

Just to clarify:
the server in question is an Almalinux 9 LXC with latest Plesk , migrated from Almalinux 8 LXC latest Plesk.

In Almalinux 8 the catchall settings is there, at the domain.
In 9 is not there anymore

@JulianDot a colleague of mine has tested it intensively and could not reproduce the issue, neither on Alma 9. He suggested that if your are using a license from a partner, it is possible that your license vendor has modified the interface options. If the issue persists, could you please open a ticket with Plesk support so that it can be checked on your server?

Back