• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where does Plesk keep template file for .qmail?

hariskhan

Basic Pleskian
Hello all

Plesk adds .qmail-default for every new domain that is created.

Plesk also adds .qmail file for every mailbox that is added.

Where does Plesk keep the template file for creating .qmail and .qmail-default?

Also, for each mailbox, I need to have a default folder where I can deliver detected Spam for incomming mail. Can I also have qmail/Plesk create a folder for Spam when a new mailbox is added?

M. Istehbab

Hello,

1. there are no template for .qmail files -- their content is defined by per-mailbox/per-domain settings in Plesk database and are rewritten everytime mailname object is updated.

2. There is no such feature in Plesk right now. I've looked into this myself and heard from support that it is scheduled to be add in future releases. No milestones yet.

Basic feature

So, this basic feature that's available from the most basic of control panels isn't available in Plesk? Planned for a future version, huh? Now, Plesk v8.4 is out and this got LEFT OUT??

How is it that this was planned for a future version and didn't get included? It isn't like this will take more than a few hours to implement.

Writing cron jobs to undo what Plesk does to config files (like .qmail) is annoying. When we have to keep going behind Plesk to fix what Plesk breaks, it makes the case for eliminating Plesk from the server, which is what more and more customer are having to do. I'm now recommending that my customers not install Plesk and use something that works WITH the config files, and not something that blindly OVERWRITES them.

If you want to do serious web hosting with email filtering, and you're not joking around, then Plesk isn't the answer. I can't believe I can't even use the most basic of tried and true utilities, like procmail, to handle my mail rules.

Give me a break!

Back