• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is Parallels

MassimoP

Basic Pleskian
In my opinion Plesk 10 is a good product, but too young to be published. The confirmation to this is that the section "Troubleshooting Issues" of this forum is growing and growing every day.

I posted bugs some time ago (the oldest post has 12 days) and still I did not receive neither any useful information on how to solve them nor some help to discover the sources of these bugs. For some of them I had to find a workaround by myself, otherwise I had to stop to work. Actually, I feel abandoned by Parallels.

Furthermore, I encountered some strange problem posting in the forum. I know the forum is moderated, but some "harmless" messages I posted were not published. Some days ago, I contacted the the forum staff to signal this strange behaviour but I'm still waiting an answer.

The question is: where is Parallels? The impression is that Parallels has so much to do that cannot help us to solve bugs related to the new Plesk. Honestly, I don't think this "impression" could lead to something positive.

Please, feel free to add comments to this post that is just a way to communicate my current feelings.

i agree with this

i think plesk10 is great but many bugs till now:(
It was the same with the last two major updates (8.0/9.0). Their are many bugs, many questions, not realy much information from parallels and bugfix releases took a long time to land:(

i understand that plesk10 is a big rewrite and it is a great product but i dont understand why some critical and system independent bugs blocking normal use were not found in internal testings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at setting up a new server and moving my sites over by hand one at a time. I started years ago with Plesk and ModernBill. The oooold ModernBill. ;P I then upgraded to the ModernBill 5 which was a mess. I then migrated that into the new Plesk Billing. Now I have phantom accounts that are deleted, but, somehow are still in the system. I tried going into MySQL and cleaning them up, but, found that it all of a sudden thought I had 2 admin accounts and screamed at me. Upgrading is great... Until you have so much old database stuff that has been upgraded and changed over time to where you have stupid little bugs that pop up when everything relies on each other like it does in the new Plesk 10.

Plesk 10.0 / PBAs

Hi,

I just wanted to interject here while I had the chance. Parallels has been developing an awsome product for years. Yes I agree with you in some instances rushed and not rushed. But at the same time the user (the admin) is responsible for much of the migration to a stable system.

By becoming a partner and realizing the true benifits of leasing software and lowering your expense ratio you will make more money. If you are still using ModernBill you should upgrade to PBAs. It far out ranks ModernBill. Yes it has a few areas that it is lacking in that need to be addressed for the SMB client. But once you get your brain wrapped around it you will notice it is very good.

If you are having problems with your Parallels software please contact them so you can have your issues resolved or ask here on the forum board. We are more than willing to help.

If you are having problems with your Parallels software please contact them so you can have your issues resolved or ask here on the forum board. We are more than willing to help.

Actually, is what I did... But I still did not receive any support after about 1 month.

Back