• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Where is the "List all domains, aliases and subdomains option".

D

DCR

I ask this dumb question because I assume no one would have been dumb enough to remove that ability in an "upgraded" version of a software package...

Just got another dedicated server. It came with Plesk 9.x. I restored my domains from another server, and upgraded to Plesk 10. I assumed this was safe, because all my earlier upgrades on earlier Plesk versions have been fine.

I obviously must have been out of my mind, because so far Plesk 10 is driving me crazy. Everything that used to be simple has now turned into a multi-window affair, with "Service Plans", "Subscriptions, and "Domain Control Panels". I used to have the ability to control all my domains from simply a single admin level account.

I own all the domains running on this server, I don't need all this overhead, I don't need to have to be kicked into a separate control panel window to get to touch the domains. The PowerUser option mentioned in some other thread sounds like it would have been the option for me, but since the server automatically came with Plesk 9, and was upgraded with existing domains, I apparently do not have that option. As it was reported, if you once tried to use this new Plesk 10 and allowed your data into it, you are forever locked into this complex structure, unless you want to uninstall and reinstall everything.

In addition to all this, I now have the question of "what happened to the 'list all domains and subdomains' option", which can show what is actually under plesk control on this server. It must be there in Plesk 10, with me unable to find it, because everything I have found so far is LYING about what is under nameserver control.

If you as a server admin click "Domains" in Plesk 9.x and earlier, you get to a simple, searchable list of domains, where I earlier controlled everything from.
That screen have a dropdown selection under heading "Show", where you can select "With subdomains and aliases", which expanded the domain list to show everything in an easy overview.

In Plesk 10.x, clicking "Domains" in the sidebar provides an extreme dumb/simple list with links to the Control Panels for each, with NO ability to expand to see all the domain aliases and subdomains. This effectively hides about half of my information, unless I open the Control Panel for each domain and click my way 4-5 or more clicks into each of them to see what is there. Plus, if you need to control a domain alias, you have to figure out the domain it is aliased to, and which Control Panel to use. (I have some data-service domains, with no web-site, so it is not immediately obvious where the alias landed a year+ ago). Endless clicking around as a result.

Or one can skip Plesk 10 altogether to jump out in the command like to look at the Named configuratiuon files directly, which is not for everyone and is still kind of hunt and peck.

Even if this nutty Plans/Subscriptions/Domains/alias structure had any meaning to me (if I was selling services), there is still no place I have found where I can see a list of all the domains (including aliases and subdomains) under plesk control; preferably in a nice tree structure like in Plesk 8 or 9. The whole name server configuration seems to be entirely hidden, except from a Unix command line.

If I was selling Plans and subscriptions, I would still want to have a way to see all domains controlled by my server, by all my "customers or resellers" (of which I have none). The current "Domains" list seem to hide all that.

So far I see Plesk 10 as a step backwards. From a way to control a server (and add hosting sales if you want), it seems to have turned itself into purely a "Hosting Sales" interface, losing good parts of the ability to know what is going on with the server, plus everything that used to be simple now seems to take an endless hunt-and-peck session, with multiple windows/control panels needed.

Whats that all about?????

We NEEEED a way to convert the Mammoth structure into a PowerUser setup, even after it has been initially set up with the cumbersome hosting control setup it has now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is known request for developers. They are working on it and I hope it will be implemented to the one of nearest Plesk update.

You can tell the developers that we need a way to convert back to a workable system much sooner than later.
The current Plesk 10 is close to unusable in daily life.

Until it provides usable functionality, I will be telling my provider for my dedicated servers that I am DONE getting more servers and that they should advice others to select a non-Plesk control package, and if it does not return to a a more user friendly functionality soon, I will be moving away from Plesk entirely. As a many-year developer, I have no idea how this "upgrade" passed any usability testing. The many, many clicks and hunt-and-peck session necessary in Plesk 10 to get anything done, and the lack of overview to be found of what is controlled on the server, borders on harassment of otherwise loyal customers that have been paying license fees for your products for years.

BTW. What is the answer to the question of "Where is the "List all domains, aliases and subdomains option"?

Because I assume that even without the PowerUser option, which we are waiting on, there must be a way for a server administrator to see all the domains controlled by a server, without diving into all the control panels screens and writing them all down?

It must be there somewhere, as it used to be a standard feature, and is an obvious need for an administrator?

I assume the reason there was no reply to this smaller portion of the issue is that unfortunately it was not merely me being unable to find it. Someone actually forgot to port the abillity to view/control all controlled domains/aliases/subs in one place from Plesk 9 to Plesk 10?

What is the expected timeframe for the update(s) allowing us to be able to turn on a a PowerUser structure in parallel to the big Plan/Sub/Customer structure and for being able to list/control all domains/aliases/subs from one place?

This **** keeps happening with every major Plesk update. It is driving me crazy. Costing me hours to understand every new interface in every new major update. Same **** happened again 12.0 >> 12.5
Why can't it be user friendlier for admins?
Where did the simple interface of Plesk pre-9 go?

Back